- Referenced in 515 articles
- instances, instance generators, and other methods of testing and comparing performance of algorithms...
- Referenced in 358 articles
- implementation of the method, subroutine LSQR. Numerical tests are described comparing LSQR with several other...
- Referenced in 120 articles
- methods. To be able to compare numerically different methods in the class, with different preconditioners ... advocate the standard preconditioned conjugate gradient method for finding an eigenvector as an element ... recommend that every new preconditioned eigensolver be compared with this “ideal” algorithm on our model ... provide such comparison for our LOBPCG method. Numerical results establish that our algorithm is practically...
- Referenced in 273 articles
- terms of data and/or parameters. The method is also appropriate for non-stationary objectives ... bound on the convergence rate that is comparable to the best known results under ... well in practice and compares favorably to other stochastic optimization methods. Finally, we discuss AdaMax...
Benchmarks for Optimization Software
- Referenced in 134 articles
- provide information on testruns comparing different solution methods on standardized sets of testproblems, running ... effort has been invested in making results comparable, in a critical situation you should...
- Referenced in 99 articles
- data. Results: We present a comparative study of several methods for the estimation of missing ... method (as well as filling missing values with zeros). We report results of the comparative...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- principal component decomposition quantities. Our method compares favorably to competing approaches in simulation studies that ... sparsely observed functions. We apply our method to sparse observations of CD4 cell counts...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- Galerkin methods (finite and spectral element methods) in 1D, 2D And 3D to solve partial ... different techniques thus allowing testing and comparing methods, e.g. cG versus dG, - the creation...
- Referenced in 160 articles
- method of clause database management. We experimentally compare BerkMin with Chaff, the leader among resolution...
- Referenced in 55 articles
- used to test and compare numerical methods for model reduction. All systems can be downloaded...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- based on a completely different method compared to existing real-time verification tools (HYTECH, KRONOS ... UPPAAL). After a description of the method, we illustrate its efficiency by considering two examples...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- smooth support vector machine for classification. Smoothing methods, extensively used for solving important mathematical programming ... SSVM was the highest compared with four other methods as well as the fastest ... comparable or faster than SVM light [T. Joachims, in: Advances in kernel methods – support vector...
- Referenced in 119 articles
- number of novel evaluation methods: a bootstrapping method for determining whether differences in the performance ... compared across classes with different proportions of positive instances; a clustering method for visualising...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- based on the partition of unity method (PUM). Compared to classical finite element methods...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- also included. There is also support comparative methods based on Stochastic Frontier Analyses...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- considerable improvements in performance of our method when compared to previous methods...
- Referenced in 120 articles
- NESTA: A fast and accurate first-order method for sparse recovery. Accurate signal recovery ... this algorithm compares favorably with recently proposed state-of-the-art methods. We also apply...
- Referenced in 70 articles
- applies a dynamic version of the bundle method as bounding procedure. This approach uses Lagrangian ... other solution approaches and compare the numerical results with our method. We also extend...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- applied for the first two methods and compared with Bayesian simultaneous confidence bands from ... Simulations and data analysis support the proposed methods. The R package ConfBands accompanies the article...
- Referenced in 74 articles
- EMOA (SMS-EMOA) is compared to state-of-the-art methods on two- and three...