- Referenced in 304 articles
- Algorithm 583: LSQR: Sparse Linear Equations and Least Squares Problems. An iterative method is given ... equivalent to the standard method of conjugate gradients, but possesses more favorable numerical properties. Reliable ... described comparing LSQR with several other conjugate-gradient algorithms, indicating that LSQR is the most...
- Referenced in 79 articles
- SCALCG – Scaled conjugate gradient algorithms for unconstrained optimization. In this work we present and analyze ... scaled conjugate gradient algorithm and its implementation, based on an interpretation of the secant equation ... line search conditions. The best spectral conjugate gradient algorithm SCG by Birgin and Martínez ... problems, show that this new scaled conjugate gradient algorithm substantially outperforms the spectral conjugate gradient...
- Referenced in 289 articles
- combination of the CGS algorithm (a “squared” conjugate gradient method) with a preconditioning called ILLU...
- Referenced in 93 articles
- Locally optimal block preconditioned conjugate gradient method. We describe new algorithms of the locally optimal ... block preconditioned conjugate gradient (LOBPCG) method for symmetric eigenvalue problems, based on a local optimization ... ideal” control algorithm, we advocate the standard preconditioned conjugate gradient method for finding an eigenvector ... preconditioned eigensolver be compared with this “ideal” algorithm on our model test problems in terms...
- Referenced in 131 articles
- with common known training algorithms like backpropagation or conjugate gradient...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- constraints by a truncated Newton algorithm. The algorithm is especially suited for problems involving ... present version by using the preconditioned Conjugate Gradient algorithm (PCG) to solve approximately the Newton...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- analyze the performance and scalabilty of algorithms for the solution of large optimization problems ... study uses the GPCG (gradient projection, conjugate gradient) algorithm for solving bound-constrained convex quadratic...
- Referenced in 81 articles
- Algorithm 851: CG_DESCENT. A conjugate gradient method with guaranteed descent Recently, a new nonlinear ... conjugate gradient scheme was developed which satisfies the descent condition gTkdk ... article studies the convergence behavior of the algorithm; extensive numerical tests and comparisons with other...
- Referenced in 27 articles
- solution is computed by using the conjugate gradient algorithm. Non-negativity constraints are implemented...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- Treatment of near-breakdown in the CGS algorithm. Lanczos’ method for solving the system ... which is computed recursively. The conjugate gradient squared algorithm (CGS) consists in takingr...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- coupled with a preconditioned, biconjugate, stabilized gradient algorithm. Using the analytical solution to a potential ... source electrode singularities. For the inversion algorithm we have implemented an inexact Gauss-Newton solver ... update being calculated using a preconditioned conjugate gradient algorithm. The inversion uses a combination...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- attractive alternative to the usual conjugate gradient algorithms for the solution of sparse systems ... preconditioned algorithm is given, whose form resembles the incomplete $L-U$ conjugate gradient scheme (ILUCG2...
- Referenced in 132 articles
- computing time by using a minimization algorithm that exploits some special structure ... minimizer x *, in which case conjugate gradient and limited memory variable metric methods were found...
- Referenced in 110 articles
- equivalent Lanczos characterization of the linear conjugate-gradient method may be exploited to define ... stationary point. The above mentioned modified Lanczos algorithm requires up to n iterations to compute ... direction defined by a nonlinear conjugate-gradient-type method and a modified Newton direction. Numerical...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- Accelerated adaptive Perry conjugate gradient algorithms based on the self-scaling memoryless BFGS update ... accelerated adaptive class of nonlinear conjugate gradient algorithms is suggested. The search direction in these ... very well known acceleration scheme of conjugate gradient algorithms. The global convergence of the algorithm ... DESCENT, SCALCG, and CONMIN conjugate gradient algorithms, being more efficient and more robust. However...
Complex Optimization Toolbox
- Referenced in 18 articles
- Included are generalized algorithms for unconstrained nonlinear optimization: nonlinear conjugate gradient and limited-memory BFGS...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- Algorithm 740: Fortran subroutines to compute improved incomplete Cholesky factorizations An efficient and reliable code ... preconditioners in a conjugate gradient algorithm is described. This code implements two recently developed, improved...
- Referenced in 2 articles
- MCGS: A modified conjugate gradient squared algorithm for nonsymmetric linear systems. The conjugate gradient squared...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- that is based on the Conjugate Gradients (CG) algorithm and that uses FFTs. A first...
- Referenced in 16 articles
- leverage any existing software investment. The algorithms that are currently available through Anasazi are block ... Davidson, and locally-optimal block preconditioned conjugate gradient (LOBPCG) method...