- Referenced in 524 articles
- first part. Chapter 2 studies the local convergence of Newton’s method, inexact Newton methods ... region methods, which are used to globalize convergence, i.e., remove the restriction that the starting ... studied in chapter 4. A local convergence analysis is provided and implementation details are discussed...
- Referenced in 670 articles
- such as solving SVM optimization problems theoretical convergence multiclass classification probability estimates and parameter selection...
- Referenced in 165 articles
- Convergence properties of the Nelder--Mead simplex method in low dimensions The Nelder--Mead simplex ... Nelder--Mead algorithm. This paper presents convergence properties of the Nelder--Mead algorithm applied ... dimensions 1 and 2. We prove convergence to a minimizer for dimension 1, and various ... limited convergence results for dimension 2. A counterexample of McKinnon gives a family of strictly...
- Referenced in 262 articles
- pointwise consistent”--they are guaranteed to converge almost certainly to correct information about the true...
- Referenced in 161 articles
- different values of the tuning parameter. Convergence of glasso can be tricky; the converged precision ... estimated covariance, and occasionally it fails to converge with warm starts. In this paper...
- Referenced in 159 articles
- previous schemes in robustness and accuracy. The convergence rate is shown to be independent ... time derivative term, albeit a different convergence history may occur. Moreover, the new scheme...
- Referenced in 219 articles
- close connection with an associated affine invariant convergence analysis. Part of these algorithms are presented...
- Referenced in 201 articles
- whose associated monotone sequence of optimal values converges to the global optimum...
- Referenced in 166 articles
- construction, smoothing parameter selection, computation, and asymptotic convergence. Most of the computational and data analytical...
- Referenced in 114 articles
- HOMPACK: A suite of codes for globally convergent homotopy algorithms. There are algorithms for finding ... nonlinear systems of equations that are globally convergent for almost all starting points, i.e., with...
- Referenced in 101 articles
- dominant physical mechanism. The lack of convergence with spatial refinement, or convergence to a solution...
- Referenced in 67 articles
- which is globally convergent whenever the line search fulfills the Wolfe conditions. This article studies ... convergence behavior of the algorithm; extensive numerical tests and comparisons with other methods for large...
- Referenced in 90 articles
- provides a convenient way to guarantee the convergence of a solution. This book consists...
- Referenced in 88 articles
- Newton method, the SQP algorithm converges very rapidly, meaning that it requires few iterations (hence...
- Referenced in 88 articles
- that use such sequences may have superior convergence. The original, true, correct version...
- Referenced in 58 articles
- recent paper from C. Lin [On the convergence of the decomposition method for support vector ... Taiwan University (2000)], we show that a convergence proof exists for our algorithm...
- Referenced in 57 articles
- Convergence of a non-interior continuation algorithm for the monotone SCCP It is well known ... algorithm is globally linearly and locally quadratically convergent under suitable assumptions...
- Referenced in 47 articles
- this iterative algorithm needs numerous iterations for converging towards a reasonable solution. In this paper ... Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm converges rapidly and that its efficiency compares favorably...
- Referenced in 64 articles
- computationally efficient algorithm, with provable numerical convergence properties, for optimizing the penalized likelihood. Furthermore...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- impoverishing the possible relation, so that they converge with the growth of the preference information...