- Referenced in 493 articles
- group. Implicit filtering methods use finite difference approximations of the gradient, which are adjusted ... conclude with a numerical demonstration of the methods discussed in the respective chapter, and with...
- Referenced in 53 articles
- three-dimensional free surface flows. A numerical method for solving three-dimensional free surface flows ... Stokes equations are solved by a finite difference method; the fluid surface is represented...
- Referenced in 36 articles
- finite difference and finite element methods for the computational solution of ordinary and partial differential ... book begins with a review of direct methods for the solution of linear systems, with ... analyze the more commonly used finite difference methods for solving a variety of problems, including ... text presents the basic theory underlying the finite element method. Following the guidance offered...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- tools for implementing finite difference methods for the solution of partial differential equations on block...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- space with a cubic Hermite colloction-type method, and the MMPDEs (moving mesh PDEs ... discretized with a 3-point finite difference method. The resulting ODE system is integrated...
Fluid flow phenomena
- Referenced in 24 articles
- models sufficient for practical applications. The finite difference method is used to solve parabolic...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- simple MATLAB routines using finite element / difference methods for simulating the dynamics of predator-prey ... collection of simple MATLAB routines using the finite element method for simulating the dynamics...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- discretizations such as finite difference or finite element methods. Among other things this project...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- methods like Finite Elements (FE), Finite Volumes (FV), and also Finite Differences (FD). DUNE...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- FIDISOL (Finite difference solver) is a program package for the solution of nonlinear systems ... method is a variable stepsize/variable order finite difference method. This paper is a survey...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- hydrodynamic stability, vortex motion, boundary layers, finite difference methods, boundary element methods, turbulence. A more...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- arbitrary -irregular- regions using mainly finite difference methods. The meshes are generated via a nonlinear...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- flexible than the FEM. The finite difference element method (FDEM) is a black-box solver ... selfadaptation of the method. Coupled domains with different PDEs and different nonmatching grids that slide ... computed.par Thus, we get an finite difference method (FDM) that is in all aspects more...
- Referenced in 56 articles
- MPDATA: A finite-difference solver for geophysical flows This article is a review of MPDATA ... class of methods for numerical simulation of fluid flows based on sign-preserving properties...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- difference method, the particle-tracking-based Eulerian-Lagrangian methods, and the high-order finite-volume...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- REDUCE package for automation of FInite difference method for solving pDE. The article deals with ... computer algebra. For solving PDES the finite difference method is applied. The computer algebra system...
- Referenced in 40 articles
- Carlo methods. In this paper we develop a deterministic high order accurate finite-difference WENO...
- Referenced in 49 articles
- problems. The basic optimization algorithm is the Method of Feasible Directions. The user must provide ... available, this information is calculated by finite difference. While the program is intended primarily ... also be solved, and the conjugate direction method of Fletcher and Reeves is used...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- second method, a forward finite difference method is applied and the flutter speed sensitivities with...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- information, and a truncated Newton method using finite differences to approximate second-order derivative information...