- Referenced in 246 articles
- depth introduction to the specification language $Z$. It is primarily directed to the user ... adquate for promoting a discipline of formal specification and reasoning? Another disappointment is that...
- Referenced in 161 articles
- methodology starts with a simulation model specification in the form of a set of coupled ... transition systems first into a set of formal assertions, permitting formal verification of the transition ... prove them as theorems using the formal specification. The methodology is illustrated through generation...
- Referenced in 54 articles
- that aims to integrate design, implementation, formal specification, and formal verification of object-oriented software...
- Referenced in 142 articles
- specification language that has been specifically developed for the formal description of the OSI (Open...
- Referenced in 44 articles
- widely and naturally used both in specification formalisms like UML or programming languages like Java ... only the exploration of pure IF-1.0 specifications. This ... restrictive for complex system specifications which mix formal descriptions and executable code (e.g, for components...
- Referenced in 524 articles
- verification system: that is, a specification language integrated with support tools and a theorem prover ... state-of-the-art in mechanized formal methods and to be sufficiently rugged that...
- Referenced in 170 articles
- Mach number limit. Specifically, we employ asymptotic analysis to formally derive proper scalings...
- Referenced in 128 articles
- software requirement formalized in Bandera’s temporal specification language, and it generates a program model...
- Referenced in 38 articles
- used in assert statements, documentation, and formal specifications. Examples include being constant...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- unit tests easier. It uses a formal specification language’s runtime assertion checker to decide ... writing testing code, the programmer writes formal specifications (e.g., pre- and postconditions). This makes ... specification errors are quickly discovered, so the specifications are more likely to provide useful documentation ... easily implemented with other combinations of formal specification languages and unit test tools...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- services is standardized via XML, and the specification of web service itself (invocation interface ... which lack formal semantics, complicate the formal specification of web service composition. (2) Asynchronous messaging...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- testing of Java programs. Given a formal specification for a method, Korat uses the method...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- therefore an evolutionary process. Verifying formal specifications usually reveals hidden errors causing the change ... functionality will result in changes of the specification which always endangers the verification work already ... describe the system Maya which maintains formal developments. The Maya-system supports an evolutionary formal ... various (structured) specification languages to formalize the software development. Moreover, Maya allows the integration...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- tools can be partially generated from formal specifications and merged into the frame architecture. More...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- reorderings. CheckFence does not require formal specifications or annotations, but mines a specification directly from...
- Referenced in 17 articles
- Timed testing with TorX. TorX is a specification-based, on-the-fly testing tool that ... ioco conformance of implementations w.r.t. a formal specification. This paper describes an extension of TorX ... legal according to the specification. The specifications are described by means of non-deterministic safety ... make them usable as an input formalism, a test-derivation algorithm from timed automata...
- Referenced in 17 articles
- technology of software testing based on formal specifications. Specifications are written using specialized extensions...
- Referenced in 16 articles
- automatic generation of simulation checkers from formal specifications. For the foreseeable future, industrial hardware design ... individual advantages of simulation and formal verification...
- Referenced in 62 articles
- expressive language for formalization of mathematical problems and program specification and development...
- Referenced in 15 articles
- take the stance that a verifiable formal specification is needed before starting the development...