- Referenced in 103 articles
- authors as a high-level heuristic that adaptively controls several low-level knowledge-poor heuristics ... only cheap, easy-to-implement low-level heuristics, we may achieve solution quality approaching that...
- Referenced in 126 articles
- also provides automatic constraint classification, preprocessing, primal heuristics and constraint generation. Moreover, the user...
- Referenced in 105 articles
- cutting planes, column generation, and primal heuristics. ABACUS supports the Open Solver Interface (Osi) developed...
- Referenced in 71 articles
- practice. Feasibility Pump (FP) is a heuristic scheme for finding a feasible solution to general ... somehow blind) with more clever rounding heuristics. In particular, we investigate...
- Referenced in 54 articles
- MEANS: A new local search heuristic for minimum sum of squares clustering. A new local ... search heuristic, called J-Means, is proposed for solving the minimum sum of squares clustering ... local optimum is reached. The new heuristic is compared with two other well-known local ... search heuristics, K- and H-Means as well as with H-Means+, an improved version...
- Referenced in 96 articles
- effort has been devoted to developing heuristics for this problem. The decomposition problem...
- Referenced in 88 articles
- word hits, combined with a new heuristic for generating gapped alignments, yields a gapped BLAST...
- Referenced in 82 articles
- based on a strategy which combines two heuristics. This ILUT factorization extends the usual...
- Referenced in 73 articles
- effective implementation of the Lin-Kernighan heuristic for solving the traveling salesman problem. Computational experiments...
- Referenced in 52 articles
- overview of local search including neighborhoods, heuristics, and metaheuristics, the book presents the architecture ... variety of applications, arranged by meta-heuristics. It presents scheduling applications, along with the background...
- Referenced in 70 articles
- independent set algorithms and the application of heuristic designed to insure the quality...
- Referenced in 38 articles
- Rank-two relaxation heuristics for MAX-CUT and other binary quadratic programs The Goemans--Williamson ... proposed approach leads to continuous optimization heuristics applicable to MAX-CUT as well as other ... code based on the rank-two relaxation heuristics is compared with two state ... algorithm, as well as with a purely heuristic code for effectively solving a particular...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- proved. Within this framework a trust region heuristic is developed. In contrast to usual trust...
- Referenced in 36 articles
- incremental features. PBS options include: Static/Dynamic decision heuristics, 1-UIP conflict diagnosis, Random restarts...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- Slope heuristics: overview and implementation. Model selection is a general paradigm which includes many statistical ... multiplicative factor: the “slope heuristics”. Theoretical works validate this heuristic method in some situations ... twofold. First, an introduction to the slope heuristics and an overview of the theoretical ... practical difficulties occurring for applying the slope heuristics. A new practical approach is carried...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- modeling layer; advanced branching heuristics (accumulated failure count, activity); many search engines (parallel, interactive graphical...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- state-space reduction, based on the heuristic that we presented earlier, and a fifth mode ... described, underlining the effectiveness of the heuristic and demonstrating the generalization of the implementation...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- easily employ cutting planes, primal heuristics, and other well-known MILP enhancements for MINLPs...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- nested dissection algorithm requires efficient graph bipartitioning heuristics, the best sequential implementations of which...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- often the case in local search based heuristics for combinatorial optimization, such as simulated annealing...