- Referenced in 752 articles
- Arnoldi process called the Implicitly Restarted Arnoldi Method (IRAM). When the matrix A is symmetric ... Lanczos process called the Implicitly Restarted Lanczos Method (IRLM). These variants may be viewed ... synthesis of the Arnoldi/Lanczos process with the Implicitly Shifted QR technique that is suitable...
- Referenced in 575 articles
- chapters conclude with a demonstration of the methods discussed in the respective chapter using ... behavior of optimization algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique ... author and his group. Implicit filtering methods use finite difference approximations of the gradient, which...
- Referenced in 181 articles
- Implicit application of polynomial filters in a k-step Arnoldi method. The author describes ... Lanczos method in the symmetric case). Using a truncated variant of the implicitly shifted ... each iteration. This approach generalizes explicit restart methods. Advantages of the method are discussed...
- Referenced in 309 articles
- Lanczos method in the symmetric case). Using a truncated variant of the implicitly shifted ... each iteration. This approach generalizes explicit restart methods. Advantages of the method are discussed...
- Referenced in 188 articles
- solution of the implicit equations by quasi Newton methods. In this paper the authors consider...
- Referenced in 108 articles
- obtaining, A C++ implementation of statistical methods in A. Ronald Gallant’s, ”Nonlinear Statistical Models ... correlation. For simultaneous nonlinear systems, possibly in implicit form, it computes three-stage least-squares ... nonlinear dynamic systems, possibly in implicit form, generalized method-of-moments estimates, GMM option...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- mathematical and numerical results concerning an implicit method for frictional contact problems. It has been...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- linear algebra problems usually encountered with implicit methods. Numerical results and comparisons with existing methods...
- Referenced in 73 articles
- RADAU5 implicit Runge-Kutta method of order 5 (Radau IIA) for problems of the form...
- Referenced in 155 articles
- also solvers for systems given in linearly implicit form, A(t,y) dy/dt ... arise. Two others use iterative (preconditioned Krylov) methods instead of direct ... methods for these linear systems. The most recent addition is LSODIS, which solves implicit problems...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- BiMD are based on blended implicit methods, namely a class of L-stable Block Implicit ... problems for ODEs. The order of the method varies from 4 to 12, according ... solving (stiff) initial value problems for linearly implicit DAEs of index up to 3 with...
- Referenced in 87 articles
- texture, and volumetric methods; and advanced modeling techniques such as: implicit modeling, polygon reduction, mesh...
- Referenced in 17 articles
- code BiM, based on blended implicit methods (J. Comput. Appl. Math. 116 (2000) 41; Appl...
- Referenced in 21 articles
- Arbitrary Lagranglan-Eulerinc (AIE) methods. An implicit treatment of the pressure equation similar to that ... would be allowed by a purely Lagrangian method, and with more resolution than is afforded...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- problems are commonly treated with an implicit numerical method due to the stiffness that ... algebraic system derived from the implicit time-stepping method. In this paper, a code ... usual overhead by preconditioning the implicit method with an iterative technique. This results...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- DESIRE: Diagonally extended singly implicit Runge-Kutta effective order methods. In the last approximatly ... years many classes of singly-implicit Runge-Kutta methods (SIRK) have been developed. More general ... called “diagonally extended singly implicit” (DESI) methods. A generalization in a different direction ... DESIRE (diagonally extended singly-implicit Runge-Kutta effective order methods). The idea is to combine...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- stepping is handled by a semi-implicit method. Moderate changes were necessary to transform ... semi-implicit and the implicit methods are compared for the nonlinear simulation of an internal ... hand the Newton-Krylov implicit method, when applied to basic one fluid MHD is more ... other hand, the implicit method allows to address challenging issues beyond MHD. By testing...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- Runge-Kutta (MIRK) formulas are implicit Runge-Kutta methods, for which the stages are defined...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- solved by a cell centered finite-volume method with second order upwind or central space ... either by multistage Runge-Kutta schemes with implicit residual smoothing, or, which in general leads ... time accurate computations, the implicit dual time stepping method or the Gear integration scheme...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- Implementing Radau IIA methods for stiff delay differential equations. This article discusses the numerical solution ... encounted in the implementation of implicit Runge-Kutta methods are explained, and it is shown...