- Referenced in 600 articles
- considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used...
- Referenced in 162 articles
- code: basis factorizations, search directions, line-searches, and Newton iterations. The paper contains performance statistics...
- Referenced in 105 articles
- which is globally convergent whenever the line search fulfills the Wolfe conditions. This article studies...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- linear constraints has been reached (monotone line search), or requiring a decrease within at most ... four iterations (nonmonotone line search). He/She must provide functions that define the objective functions ... iterates. In the first one (monotone line search), a certain Armijo type arc search ... means of a ”nonmonotone” search along a straight line. The merit function used in both...
- Referenced in 100 articles
- equation and on the inexact Wolfe line search conditions. The best spectral conjugate gradient algorithm...
- Referenced in 70 articles
- choice of steplength and a nonmonotone line-search strategy. The user provides objective function...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- Programming with Non-Monotone and Distributed Line Search. NLPQLP is a special implementation ... along the search direction. The parallel line search is performed with respect to an augmented ... merit function. Moreover, a non-monotone line search is performed in error situations where ... line search cannot be stopped within a given number of iterations. All theoretical convergence properties...
- Referenced in 48 articles
- functions: both real and complex exact line search (LS) and real exact plane search...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- fact be singular), and no line search process is necessary. An important advantage...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- gradient descent method with backtracking line search to solve the smooth unconstrained problem (2). This...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- method performed on a smartly chosen search point, where the step size is determined ... does not use the time consuming line search and converges optimally at rate in optimizing...
- Referenced in 28 articles
- provides two different global strategies: a line search approach and a two-dimensional trust region...
- Referenced in 16 articles
- differentiable real-valued multivariate functions using line-search methods. It uses an interface very similar ... several thousand variables), and uses a line search that is robust to several common function...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- choice of global strategies such as line search and trust region. There are options...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- alternating direction technique with a nonmonotone line search to minimize the augmented Lagrangian function...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- sampling methods, based on weak Wolfe line search...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- nonlinear optimization. The presented methods include direct search techniques, the steepest descend approach, trust region ... book covers several topics as line search approaches, filter methods and the computation of derivatives...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- Broyden updates) iterations, with selective line search options...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- variants of the parameter in the search direction are presented as those given by: Oren ... under the exact or the Wolfe line search. Using a set of 800 unconstrained optimization...