- Referenced in 543 articles
- considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used...
- Referenced in 139 articles
- code: basis factorizations, search directions, line-searches, and Newton iterations. The paper contains performance statistics...
- Referenced in 57 articles
- linear constraints has been reached (monotone line search), or requiring a decrease within at most ... four iterations (nonmonotone line search). He/She must provide functions that define the objective functions ... iterates. In the first one (monotone line search), a certain Armijo type arc search ... means of a ”nonmonotone” search along a straight line. The merit function used in both...
- Referenced in 75 articles
- which is globally convergent whenever the line search fulfills the Wolfe conditions. This article studies...
- Referenced in 68 articles
- equation and on the inexact Wolfe line search conditions. The best spectral conjugate gradient algorithm...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- choice of steplength and a nonmonotone line-search strategy. The user provides objective function...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- Programming with Non-Monotone and Distributed Line Search. NLPQLP is a special implementation ... along the search direction. The parallel line search is performed with respect to an augmented ... merit function. Moreover, a non-monotone line search is performed in error situations where ... line search cannot be stopped within a given number of iterations. All theoretical convergence properties...
- Referenced in 40 articles
- fact be singular), and no line search process is necessary. An important advantage...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- gradient descent method with backtracking line search to solve the smooth unconstrained problem (2). This...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- provides two different global strategies: a line search approach and a two-dimensional trust region...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- functions: both real and complex exact line search (LS) and real exact plane search...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- differentiable real-valued multivariate functions using line-search methods. It uses an interface very similar ... several thousand variables), and uses a line search that is robust to several common function...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- method performed on a smartly chosen search point, where the step size is determined ... does not use the time consuming line search and converges optimally at rate in optimizing...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- alternating direction technique with a nonmonotone line search to minimize the augmented Lagrangian function...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- choice of global strategies such as line search and trust region. There are options...
- Referenced in 36 articles
- PicToSeek system on-line at http://www.wins.uva.nl/research/isis/PicToSeek/ for searching images on the World Wide...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- gradient is approximately zero. A line search satisfying the strong Wolfe conditions is used...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- multi-layer line search method to improve the initialization of optimization algorithms. We introduce ... optimization problem for a multi-layer line search method. The approach is presented and implemented...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- sampling methods, based on weak Wolfe line search...