- Referenced in 290 articles
- Eiffel is an ISO-standardized, object-oriented programming language designed by Bertrand Meyer (an object ... Object-Oriented Software Construction) and Eiffel Software. The design of the language is closely connected...
- Referenced in 448 articles
- object-oriented matrix programming language with a comprehensive mathematical and statistical function library. Matrices...
- Referenced in 135 articles
- name of two simulation programming languages, Simula I and Simula 67, developed in the 1960s ... superset of ALGOL 60. Simula 67 introduced objects, classes, inheritance and subclasses, virtual procedures, coroutines ... Simula is considered the first object-oriented programming language. As its name suggests, Simula ... many of the features of object-oriented languages today. (wikipedia...
- Referenced in 1251 articles
- languages such as C++ or Java. The language provides constructs intended to enable clear programs ... Python supports multiple programming paradigms, including object-oriented, imperative and functional programming or procedural styles...
- Referenced in 87 articles
- Modelica is a freely available, object-oriented language for modeling of large, complex, and heterogeneous...
- Referenced in 271 articles
- extends the core Caml language with a fully-fledged object-oriented layer, as well ... industrial-strength implementation of this language, featuring a high-performance native-code compiler (ocamlopt...
- Referenced in 71 articles
- numerous libraries, and example programs. The core language - an asynchronous variant of Milner, Parrow ... higher-order programming, selective communication, and concurrent objects. The type system integrates a number ... work on theoretical foundations for typed object-oriented languages...
- Referenced in 177 articles
- Smalltalk is an object-oriented, dynamically typed, reflective programming language. Smalltalk was created...
- Referenced in 119 articles
- programming system, consisting of the object-oriented Spec# programming language, the Spec# compiler...
- Referenced in 227 articles
- language designed for business use. It is imperative, procedural and, since 2002, object-oriented. COBOL ... migrated to new platforms, rewritten in modern languages or replaced with software packages. Most...
- Referenced in 185 articles
- imperative, wide-spectrum, and object-oriented high-level computer programming language, extended from Pascal...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- find in a typical object-oriented language, plus a few other things, and are sufficient...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- Visual Basic for Applications, an object-oriented programming language that can reference a variety...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- more commonly known structuring mechanisms of programming languages and provers, locales are made accessible ... latter are found in modern object-oriented languages...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- Ruby. Ruby is a dynamic, object-oriented language with advanced features such as yield operator...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- PolyTOIL: A type-safe polymorphic object-oriented language. PolyTOIL is a new statically-typed polymorphic ... object-oriented programming language which is provably type-safe. By separating the definitions of subtyping...
- Referenced in 17 articles
- PICCOLA - A small composition language. Although object-oriented languages are well-suited to implement software ... component-based applications, largely because object-oriented design tends to obscure a component-based architecture ... chapter we introduce PICCOLA, a small ’composition language’ that embodies this paradigm. Piccola models components...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- proof system for the parallel object-oriented language POOL. We develop a Hoare-style proof ... programs written in the parallel object-oriented language POOL...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- Aldor was conceived as an extension language for the Axiom system, but is now used ... dependent types allows static checking of dynamic objects. What does this mean for a normal ... difficulties encountered in widely-used object-oriented programming languages. It allows programs ... attractive and powerful properties of functional, object-oriented and aspect-oriented styles. Note: Current development...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- computer programs written in procedural or object-oriented languages, or high-level specifications such...