- Referenced in 599 articles
- devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used to globalize convergence...
- Referenced in 309 articles
- Computing a trust region step We propose an algorithm for the problem of minimizing ... this algorithm in a trust region Newton’s method. In particular, we prove that under ... GQTPAR is quite successful in a trust region method. In our tests a call...
- Referenced in 315 articles
- latitude–longitude, Easting–Northing etc.) in a region of study. Such point-referenced or geostatistical...
- Referenced in 191 articles
- creation and visualization of conformal maps to regions bounded by polygons. The most recent release ... algorithms for multiply elongated and multiple-sheeted regions, and a module for solving Laplace...
- Referenced in 236 articles
- Basic Local Alignment Search Tool. BLAST finds regions of similarity between biological sequences. The program...
- Referenced in 220 articles
- yield formulas for conformal maps from standard regions to the interiors or exteriors of possibly...
- Referenced in 214 articles
- solving elliptic partial differential equations in general regions of the plane. It is based...
- Referenced in 89 articles
- queries by diagramming spatial arrangements of color regions. The system finds the images that contain ... most similar arrangements of similar regions. Prior to the queries, the system automatically extracts ... indexes salient color regions from the images. By utilizing efficient indexing techniques for color information ... region sizes and absolute and relative spatial locations, a wide variety of complex joint color/spatial...
- Referenced in 151 articles
- solve the elasticify equation in a 2D region, by Federico Paris and Jose Canas...
- Referenced in 85 articles
- based approach for feature extraction, and integrated region matching based upon image segmentation. An image ... represented by a set of regions, roughly corresponding to objects, which are characterized by color ... similarity between images is developed using a region-matching scheme that integrates properties ... regions in the images. The application of SIMPLIcity to several databases has demonstrated that...
- Referenced in 126 articles
- Hosking and Wallis (Regional frequency analysis: an approach based on L-moments, Cambridge University Press...
- Referenced in 124 articles
- spatial covariates, in any two-dimensional spatial region. Also supports three-dimensional point patterns...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- spatial location information in segmented image regions to search and retrieve similar regions from ... image segmentation algorithm that allows object- or region-based search. Image segmentation significantly improves ... complex objects. Images are segmented into homogeneous regions at the time of ingest into ... image attributes that represent each of these regions are computed. In addition to image segmentation...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- meiotic recombination takes place in some genomic regions (the so-called ’hotspots’) with higher frequencies ... other regions (the so-called ’coldspots’) with lower frequencies. Therefore, the information of the hotspots ... process as well. So far, the recombination regions have been mainly determined by experiments, which ... rapidly and effectively identifying the recombination regions. In this study, a predictor, called ’iRSpot-PseDNC...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- input into a sorted and an unsorted region, and it iteratively shrinks the unsorted region ... inserting it into the sorted region. Unlike selection sort, heapsort does not waste time with ... linear-time scan of the unsorted region; rather, heap sort maintains the unsorted region...
- Referenced in 109 articles
- TRON is a trust region Newton method for the solution of large bound-constrained optimization...
- Referenced in 73 articles
- data on pathologically relevant mutations in regulatory regions and transcription factor genes, whereas S/MARt ... compiles features of scaffold/matrix attached regions (S/MARs) and the proteins binding to them. Additionally...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- quadratic model subject to a trust region bound, or by a procedure that should improve ... interpolation points and the adjustment of trust region radii. par The algorithm works with...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- approach taken is to consider separate regions in which the Laplace transform is analytic ... optimal parabolic contour algorithm selects the region in which the numerical inversion of the Laplace...
- Referenced in 81 articles
- iteration, which is used in a trust region procedure for adjusting the variables. When...