- Referenced in 495 articles
- sparse. We discuss an SQP algorithm that uses a smooth augmented Lagrangian merit function ... Newton approximation to the Hessian of the Lagrangian and uses a reduced-Hessian algorithm (SQOPT...
- Referenced in 592 articles
- complete generality and confine our scope to algorithms that are easy to implement ... pages, is devoted to the optimization of smooth functions. The methods studied in this first ... convergence of Newton’s method, inexact Newton methods, and the Gauss-Newton method ... search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search, and the Hooke-Jeves algorithms are discussed...
- Referenced in 59 articles
- reformulation a Smooth Support Vector Machine (SSVM). A fast Newton-Armijo algorithm for solving...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- algorithm is based on an inexact damped Newton method, where the inexact Newton steps ... logistic regression and binary classification with a smoothed hinge loss. In a standard setting ... 1/sqrtn, we show that the proposed algorithm is communication efficient: the required round of communication...
- Referenced in 1 article
- Orthant-Wise Limited-memory Quasi-Newton algorithm (OWL-QN) is a numerical optimization procedure ... optimum of an objective of the form smooth function plus L1-norm of the parameters...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- APBS for Poisson-Boltzmann calculations, efficient truncated Newton (TNCG) local optimization, surface areas and volumes ... methods, Elber’s reaction path algorithm, our potential smoothing and search (PSS) methods for global...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- assumed to be smooth, that is, to have at least continuous second derivatives. As with ... almost all minimization algorithms, there is no attempt made to ensure that the minimum ... obtained is global. The algorithm is based on an earlier algorithm, namely, CONMIN ... little storage was available, or a quasi-Newton code if there was sufficient storage. BBVSCG...
- Referenced in 1 article
- Fortran implementation of an SQP-Gauss-Newton algorithm for least squares optimization. The Fortran subroutine ... problem is transformed into a general smooth nonlinear program subsequently solved by the sequential quadratic ... special purpose algorithms are retained, i.e., a combination of a Gauss-Newton and a quasi...
- Referenced in 0 articles
- line-search procedure with Newton and Quasi-Newton optimization and nonlinear equation solver methods. These ... standard published 1-D line search algorithms such as are described in the book Nocedal ... Optimization: 2nd edition, 2006. One set of algorithms were copied and refactored from the existing ... generic to any mathematical optimization problem where smooth derivatives exist. There is no specific connection...
- Referenced in 648 articles
- ANSYS offers a comprehensive software suite that spans...
- Referenced in 307 articles
- BARON is a computational system for solving nonconvex...
- Referenced in 145 articles
- BoomerAMG: A parallel algebraic multigrid solver and preconditioner...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- Algorithm 812: BPOLY: An object-oriented library of...
- Referenced in 89 articles
- CASA is a special-purpose system for computational...
- Referenced in 344 articles
- The goal of the CGAL Open Source Project...
- Referenced in 607 articles
- CoCoA is a system for Computations in Commutative...
- Referenced in 1758 articles
- Coq is a formal proof management system. It...
- Referenced in 194 articles
- CSDP, A C Library for Semidefinite Programming. This...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- A new and simple method is proposed to...
- Referenced in 171 articles
- Expokit provides a set of routines aimed at...