Henshin: Advanced Concepts and Tools for In-Place EMF Model Transformations. The Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) provides modeling and code generation facilities for Java applications based on structured data models. Henshin is a new language and associated tool set for in-place transformations of EMF models. The Henshin transformation language uses pattern-based rules on the lowest level, which can be structured into nested transformation units with well-defined operational semantics. So-called amalgamation units are a special type of transformation units that provide a forall-operator for pattern replacement. For all of these concepts, Henshin offers a visual syntax, sophisticated editing functionalities, execution and analysis tools. The Henshin transformation language has its roots in attributed graph transformations, which offer a formal foundation for validation of EMF model transformations. The transformation concepts are demonstrated using two case studies: EMF model refactoring and meta-model evolution.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Lambers, Leen; Born, Kristopher; Kosiol, Jens; Strüber, Daniel; Taentzer, Gabriele: Granularity of conflicts and dependencies in graph transformation systems: a two-dimensional approach (2019)
- Macías, Fernando; Wolter, Uwe; Rutle, Adrian; Durán, Francisco; Rodriguez-Echeverria, Roberto: Multilevel coupled model transformations for precise and reusable definition of model behaviour (2019)
- Azzi, Guilherme Grochau; Bezerra, Jonas Santos; Ribeiro, Leila; Costa, Andrei; Rodrigues, Leonardo Marques; Machado, Rodrigo: The Verigraph system for graph transformation (2018)
- Strüber, D.; Rubin, J.; Arendt, T.; Chechik, M.; Taentzer, G.; Plöger, J.: Variability-based model transformation: formal foundation and application (2018)
- da Costa Cavalheiro, Simone André; Foss, Luciana; Ribeiro, Leila: Theorem proving graph grammars with attributes and negative application conditions (2017)
- Golas, Ulrike; Lambers, Leen; Ehrig, Hartmut; Orejas, Fernando: Attributed graph transformation with inheritance: efficient conflict detection and local confluence analysis using abstract critical pairs (2012)
- Krause, Christian; Giese, Holger: Probabilistic graph transformation systems (2012)
- Arendt, Thorsten; Biermann, Enrico; Jurack, Stefan; Krause, Christian; Taentzer, Gabriele: Henshin: advanced concepts and tools for in-place EMF model transformations (2010) ioport
- Jurack, Stefan: Composite EMF modeling based on typed graphs with inheritance and containment structures (2010) ioport