Cecil: a sequencing constraint language for automatic static analysis generation. A flexible and general mechanism for specifying problems relating to the sequencing of events and mechanically translating them into dataflow analysis algorithms capable of solving those problems is presented. Dataflow analysis has been used for quite some time in compiler code optimization. Most static analyzers have been custom-built to search for fixed and often quite limited classes of dataflow conditions. It is shown that the range of sequences for which it is interesting and worthwhile to search in actually quite broad and diverse. A formalism for specifying this diversity of conditions is created. It is shown that these conditions can be modeled essentially as dataflow analysis problems for which effective solutions are known. It is also shown how these solutions can be exploited to serve as the basis for mechanical creation of analyzers for these conditions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Herman, David; Tomb, Aaron; Flanagan, Cormac: Space-efficient gradual typing (2010)
- Pirkelbauer, Peter; Solodkyy, Yuriy; Stroustrup, Bjarne: Design and evaluation of C++ open multi-methods (2010)
- Rinderknecht, Christian; Volanschi, Nic: Theory and practice of unparsed patterns for metacompilation (2010)
- Hassine, Jameleddine; Rilling, Juergen; Dssouli, Rachida: Use case maps as a property specification language (2009)
- Garcia, Ronald; Järvi, Jaakko; Lumsdaine, Andrew; Siek, Jeremy; Willcock, Jeremiah: An extended comparative study of language support for generic programming (2007)
- Gregor, Douglas; Järvi, Jaakko; Kulkarni, Mayuresh; Lumsdaine, Andrew; Musser, David; Schupp, Sibylle: Generic programming and high-performance libraries (2005)
- Craig, Iain: The interpretation of object-oriented programming languages. (2002)
- Millstein, Todd; Chambers, Craig: Modular statically typed multimethods (2002)
- Leavens, Gary T.; Pigozzi, Don: Class-based and algebraic models of objects. (1998)
- Olender, K.M.; Osterweil, L.J.: Cecil: A Sequencing Constraint Language for Automatic Static Analysis Generation (1990)