Monitor-based statistical model checking for weighted metric temporal logic. We present a novel approach and implementation for analysing weighted timed automata (WTA) with respect to the weighted metric temporal logic (WMTL ≤ ). Based on a stochastic semantics of WTAs, we apply statistical model checking (SMC) to estimate and test probabilities of satisfaction with desired levels of confidence. Our approach consists in generation of deterministic monitors for formulas in WMTL ≤ , allowing for efficient SMC by run-time evaluation of a given formula. By necessity, the deterministic observers are in general approximate (over- or under-approximations), but are most often exact and experimentally tight. The technique is implemented in the new tool Casaal. that we seamlessly connect to Uppaal-smc. in a tool chain. We demonstrate the applicability of our technique and the efficiency of our implementation through a number of case-studies.
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Banks, C.J.; Stark, I.: A logic of behaviour in context (2014)
- Bulychev, Peter; David, Alexandre; Larsen, Kim G.; Li, Guangyuan: Efficient controller synthesis for a fragment of $\mathrmMTL_0,\infty$ (2014)
- Fahrenberg, Uli; Larsen, Kim G.; Legay, Axel: Model-based verification, optimization, synthesis and performance evaluation of real-time systems (2013)
- Bulychev, Peter; David, Alexandre; Guldstrand Larsen, Kim; Legay, Axel; Li, Guangyuan; Bøgsted Poulsen, Danny; Stainer, Amelie: Monitor-based statistical model checking for weighted metric temporal logic (2012)
- Larsen, Kim G.: Statistical model checking, refinement checking, optimization, $\cdots$ for stochastic hybrid systems (2012) ioport