GenIDLEST - A scalable parallel computational tool for simulating complex turbulent flows. The application driver is GenIDLEST (Danesh Tafti, Virginia Tech), a computational fluid dynamics application that is being developed and tuned for use on Pentium III, Pentium 4, Xeon, Itanium, and Itanium 2 Linux clusters located at the University of Illinois/NCSA and Virginia Tech. GenIDLEST is used for academic research in addition to use by community and corporate researchers. GenIDLEST development lead Tafti has been working with colleagues to isolate, diagnose, and improve performance-related issues of this application in the Linux cluster environment. Several performance tools have been employed to identify problem areas and to help point the way towards improvement.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Amritkar, Amit; Deb, Surya; Tafti, Danesh: Efficient parallel CFD-DEM simulations using OpenMP (2014)
- Nagendra, Krishnamurthy; Tafti, Danesh K.; Viswanath, Kamal: A new approach for conjugate heat transfer problems using immersed boundary method for curvilinear grid based solvers (2014)
- Amritkar, Amit; Tafti, Danesh; Liu, Rui; Kufrin, Rick; Chapman, Barbara: OpenMP parallelism for fluid and fluid-particulate systems (2012)
- Nagendra, Krishnamurthy; Tafti, Danesh K.; Viswanathan, Aroon K.: Modeling of soot deposition in wavy-fin exhaust gas recirculator coolers (2011)
- Elyyan, Mohammad A.; Tafti, Danesh K.: A novel split-dimple interrupted fin configuration for heat transfer augmentation (2009)
- Gopalakrishnan, Pradeep; Tafti, Danesh K.: A parallel boundary fitted dynamic mesh solver for applications to flapping flight (2009)
- Bui, Van; Hernandez, Oscar; Chapman, Barbara; Kufrin, Rick; Tafti, Danesh; Gopalkrishnan, Pradeep: Towards an implementation of the OpenMP collector API (2008)
- Elyyan, Mohammad A.; Rozati, Ali; Tafti, Danesh K.: Investigation of dimpled fins for heat transfer enhancement in compact heat exchangers (2008)
- Sewall, Evan A.; Tafti, Danesh K.: A time-accurate variable property algorithm for calculating flows with large temperature variations (2008)