Application execution management on the integrade opportunistic grid middleware. The InteGrade project is a multi-university effort to build a novel grid computing middleware based on the opportunistic use of resources belonging to user workstations. The InteGrade middleware currently enables the execution of sequential, bag-of-tasks, and parallel applications that follow the BSP or the MPI programming models. This article presents the lessons learned over the last five years of the InteGrade development and describes the solutions achieved concerning the support for robust application execution. The contributions cover the related fields of application scheduling, execution management, and fault tolerance. We present our solutions, describing their implementation principles and evaluation through the analysis of several experimental results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Bittencourt, Luiz Fernando; Madeira, Edmundo R.M.: Towards the scheduling of multiple workflows on computational grids (2010) ioport
- Cardoso, M.C.; Costa, F.M.: MPI support on opportunistic grids based on the InteGrade middleware (2010) ioport
- Da Silva E.Silva, Francisco José; Kon, Fabio; Goldman, Alfredo; Finger, Marcelo; De Camargo, Raphael Y.; Filho, Fernando Castor; Costa, Fábio M.: Application execution management on the integrade opportunistic grid middleware (2010)
- Siva Sathya, S.; Syam Babu, K.: Survey of fault tolerant techniques for grid (2010) ioport
- De Camargo, Raphael Y.; Goldchleger, Andrei; Kon, Fabio; Goldman, Alfredo: Checkpointing BSP parallel applications on the InteGrade Grid middleware (2006) ioport
- Hayashida, Ulisses Kendi; Okuda, Kunio; Panetta, Jairo; Song, Siand Wun: Generating parallel algorithms for cluster and grid computing (2005)
- Goldchleger, Andrei; Kon, Fabio; Goldman, Alfredo; Finger, Marcelo; Bezerra, Germano Capistrano: InteGrade: object-oriented grid middleware leveraging the idle computing power of desktop machines (2004) ioport
Further publications can be found at: http://www.integrade.org.br/publications