Calculation of general recoupling coefficients using graphical methods. A new program to generate a summation formula in terms of 6-j coefficients for a general angular momentum recoupling coefficient is described. This algorithm makes use of the graphical techniques as developed by A. P. Yutsis, I. B. Levinson and V. V. Vanagas [Mathematical apparatus of the theory of angular momentum (1962; Zbl 0111.42704)]. Attention is paid to providing an appropriate data structure for the graph representing a general recoupling coefficient, and to reducing the coefficient to a summation formula with a minimum number of summation variables. Our results are compared to those of A. Bar-Shalom and M. Klapisch [Comput. Phys. Commun. 50, 375 (1988)], who developed the program NJGRAF for the same purpose, also using graphical methods.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Van Dyck, D.; Fack, V.: On the reduction of Yutsis graphs (2007)
- Van Dyck, D.; Brinkmann, G.; Fack, V.; Mckay, B.D.: To be or not to be Yutsis: algorithms for the decision problem (2005)
- Fritzsche, S.; Inghoff, T.; Bastug, T.; Tomaselli, M.: Maple procedures for the coupling of angular momenta. V: Recoupling coefficients (2001)
- Fack, V.; Lievens, S.; Van der Jeugt, J.: On bounds for the rotation distance between binary coupling trees (1999)
- Fack, V.; Pitre, S.N.; Van der Jeugt, J.: Calculation of general recoupling coefficients using graphical methods (1997)