FreeFEM3D (aka ff3d) is a 3D solver of partial differential equations (PDE). It is a member of the familly of the freefem programs (see freefem.org). Description: ff3d, as well as its cousins, is a PDE solver driven by a user-friendly language. It solves many kind of problems such as elasticity, fluids (Stokes and Navier-Stokes) and a lot more. The user has to enter the equation associated with the problem, giving either the PDE in strong formulation or weak (variational) formulation. Solver: ff3d can use either the Finite Elements method (the mesh of the geometry being provided by the user) or a Fictitious Domain like approach where the geometry is described using Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG). This description is done using the POV-Ray language but others such as VRML could be added.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Lèye, Babacar; Nguyen-Ngoc, Doanh; Monga, Olivier; Garnier, Patricia; Nunan, Naoise: Simulating biological dynamics using partial differential equations: application to decomposition of organic matter in 3D soil structure (2015)
- Prud’homme, Christophe; Chabannes, Vincent; Doyeux, Vincent; Ismail, Mourad; Samake, Abdoulaye: Feel++: a computational framework for Galerkin methods and advanced numerical methods (2012)
- Löhner, Rainald; Appanaboyina, Sunil; Cebral, Juan R.: Comparison of body-fitted, embedded and immersed solutions of low Reynolds-number 3-D incompressible flows (2008)
- Löhner, Rainald; Cebral, Juan R.; Camelli, Fernando E.; Appanaboyina, S.; Baum, Joseph D.; Mestreau, Eric L.; Soto, Orlando A.: Adaptive embedded and immersed unstructured grid techniques (2008)
- Tilch, Ralf; Tabbal, Ali; Zhu, Ming; Decker, Friedhelm; Löhner, Rainald: Combination of body-fitted and embedded grids for external vehicle aerodynamics (2008)
- Löhner, Rainald; Cebral, Juan R.; Camelli, Fernando F.; Baum, Joseph D.; Mestreau, Eric L.; Soto, Orlando A.: Adaptive embedded/immersed unstructured grid techniques (2007)
- Dobrzynski, Cécile; Frey, Pascal J.; Mohammadi, Bijan; Pironneau, Olivier: Fast and accurate simulations of air-cooled structures (2006)
- Del Pino, Stephane; Pironneau, Olivier: Asymptotic analysis and layer decomposition for the Couplex exercise (2004)