limma: Linear Models for Microarray Data. A survey is given of differential expression analyses using the linear modeling features of the limma package. The chapter starts with the simplest replicated designs and progresses through experiments with two or more groups, direct designs, factorial designs and time course experiments. Experiments with technical as well as biological replication are considered. Empirical Bayes test statistics are explained. The use of quality weights, adaptive background correction and control spots in conjunction with linear modelling is illustrated on the β7 data.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Ruddy, Sean; Johnson, Marla; Purdom, Elizabeth: Shrinkage of dispersion parameters in the binomial family, with application to differential exon skipping (2016)
- Lithio, Andrew; Nettleton, Dan: Hierarchical modeling and differential expression analysis for RNA-seq experiments with inbred and hybrid genotypes (2015)
- Blocker, Alexander W.; Meng, Xiao-Li: The potential and perils of preprocessing: building new foundations (2013)
- Larese, Mónica G.; Granitto, Pablo M.; Gómez, Juan C.: Spot defects detection in cDNA microarray images (2013)
- Klawonn, Frank: Significance tests to identify regulated proteins based on a large number of small samples (2012)
- Rossell, David: Gaga: a parsimonious and flexible model for differential expression analysis (2009)
- Xu, Ping; Brock, Guy N.; Parrish, Rudolph S.: Modified linear discriminant analysis approaches for classification of high-dimensional microarray data (2009)
- Tresch, Achim; Markowetz, Florian: Structure learning in nested effects models (2008)
- Angelini, Claudia; De Canditiis, Daniela; Mutarelli, Margherita; Pensky, Marianna: A Bayesian approach to estimation and testing in time-course microarray experiments (2007)
- Sánchez, Alex; Salicrú, Miquel; Ocaña, Jordi: Statistical methods for the analysis of high-throughput data based on functional profiles derived from the Gene Ontology (2007)
- Turner, Heather; Bailey, Trevor; Krzanowski, Wojtek: Improved biclustering of microarray data demonstrated through systematic performance tests (2005)