GCDHEU: Heuristic polynomial GCD algorithm based on integer GCD computation. A heuristic algorithm, GCDHEU, is described for polynomial GCD computation over the integers. The algorithm is based on evaluation at a single large integer value (for each variable), integer GCD computation, and a single-point interpolation scheme. Timing comparisons show that this algorithm is very efficient for most univariate problems and it is also the algorithm of choice for many problems in up to four variables.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Giesbrecht, Mark W.; Watt, Stephen M.: In honour of Keith Geddes on his 60th birthday (2011)
- Garvan, Frank G.; Gonnet, Gaston H.: A proof of the two parameter $q$-cases of the Macdonald-Morris constant term root system conjecture for $S(F\sb 4)$ and $S(F\sb 4)\sp \vee$ via Zeilberger’s method (1992)
- Monagan, Michael B.: A heuristic irreducibility test for univariate polynomials (1992)
- Sasaki, Tateaki; Suzuki, Masayuki: Three new algorithms for multivariate polynomial GCD (1992)
- Char, Bruce W.; Geddes, Keith O.; Gonnet, Gaston H.: GCDHEU: Heuristic polynomial GCD algorithm based on integer GCD computation (1989)
- Schönhage, Arnold: Quasi-gcd computations (1985)
- Char, Bruce W.; Geddes, Keith O.; Gonnet, Gaston H.: GCDHEU: Heuristic polynomial GCD algorithm based on integer GCD computation (1984)