Symmetry analysis of nonlinear PDE with a ”Mathematica” program SYMMAN. Computer-aided symbolic and graphic computation allows to make significantly easier both theoretical and applied symmetry analysis of PDE. This idea is illustrated by applying a special “Mathematical” package for obtaining conditional symmetries of the nonlinear wave equation u t =(uu x ) x invariant or partially invariant under its classical Lie symmetry.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Yun, Yinshan; Temuer, Chaolu: Classical and nonclassical symmetry classifications of nonlinear wave equation with dissipation (2015)
- Chaolu, Temuer; Bluman, G.: An algorithmic method for showing existence of nontrivial non-classical symmetries of partial differential equations without solving determining equations (2014)
- Huang, Ding-jiang; Zhou, Shuigeng: Group-theoretical analysis of variable coefficient nonlinear telegraph equations (2012)
- Zhang, Zhiyong; Gao, Ben; Chen, Yufu: Second-order approximate symmetry classification and optimal system of a class of perturbed nonlinear wave equations (2011)
- Huang, Ding-Jiang; Zhou, Shuigeng: Group properties of generalized quasi-linear wave equations (2010)
- Vorob’ev, E. M.: Symmetry analysis of nonlinear differential equations with the “Mathematica” program SYMMAN (1997)
- Foursov, M. V.; Vorob’ev, E. M.: Solutions of the nonlinear wave equation $u_tt=(uu_x)_x$ invariant under conditional symmetries (1996)
- Vorob’ev, E. M.: Symmetry analysis of nonlinear PDE with a “Mathematica” program SYMMAN (1996)