BALL - Biochemical Algorithms Library: Rapid Software Prototyping can significantly reduce development times in the field of Computational Molecular Biology and Molecular Modeling. BALL (Biochemical Algorithms Library) is an application framework in C++ that has been specifically designed for this purpose. It provides an extensive set of data structures as well as classes for Molecular Mechanics, advanced solvation methods, comparison and analysis of protein structures, file import/export, and visualization . BALL has been carefully designed to be robust, easy to use, and open to extensions. Especially its extensibility which results from an object-oriented and generic programming approach distinguishes it from other software packages. BALL is well suited to serve as a public repository for reliable data structures and algorithms. Based on BALL we have developed a stand-alone tool for molecular visualization, BALLView . BALLView makes the broad functionality available through an integrated user-friendly GUI.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Canzar, Stefan; Toussaint, Nora C.; Klau, Gunnar W.: An exact algorithm for side-chain placement in protein design (2011)
- Weggler, S.; Rutka, V.; Hildebrandt, A.: A new numerical method for nonlocal electrostatics in biomolecular simulations (2010)
- Xie, Wei; Sahinidis, Nikolaos V.: A branch-and-reduce algorithm for the contact map overlap problem (2006)
- Matthey, Thierry; Cickovski, Trevor; Hampton, Scott; Ko, Alice; Ma, Qun; Nyerges, Matthew; Raeder, Troy; Slabach, Thomas; Izaguirre, Jesús A.: ProtoMol, an object-oriented framework for prototyping novel algorithms for molecular dynamics (2004)
- Boghossian, N.P.; Kohlbacher, O.; Lenhof, H.-P.: Rapid software prototyping in molecular modeling using the biochemical algorithms library (BALL) (2000)