FORTRAN program for a numerical solution of the nonsinglet Altarelli-Parisi equation. We investigate a numerical solution of the flavor-nonsinglet Altarelli-Parisi equation with next-to-leading-order α s corrections by using Laguerre polynomials. Expanding a structure function (or a quark distribution) and a splitting function by the Laguerre polynomials, we reduce an integro-differential equation to a summation of finite number of Laguerre coefficients. We provide a FORTRAN program for Q 2 evolution of nonsinglet structure functions (F 1 ,F 2 , and F 3 ) and nonsinglet quark distributions. This is a very effective program with typical running time of a few seconds on SUN-IPX or on VAX-4000/500. Accurate evolution results are obtained by taking approximately twenty Laguerre polynomials.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Kumano, S.; Nagai, T.-H.: Comparison of numerical solutions for $Q^2$ evolution equations (2004)
- Corianó, Claudio; Şavkli, Çetin: QCD evolution equations: Numerical algorithms from the Laguerre expansion (1999)
- Hirai, M.; Kumano, S.; Miyama, M.: Numerical solution of $Q^2$ evolution equations for polarized structure functions (1998)
- Hirai, M.; Kumano, S.; Miyama, M.: Numerical solution of $Q^2$ evolution for the transitivity distribution $\Delta_Tq$ (1998)
- Kobayashi, R.; Konuma, M.; Kumano, S.: FORTRAN program for a numerical solution of the nonsinglet Altarelli-Parisi equation (1995)