The precision Monte Carlo event generator KK for two-fermion final states in $e^+ e^-$ collisions. We present the Monte Carlo event generator 𝒦𝒦 version 4.13 for precision predictions of the electroweak standard model for the process e + e - →ff ¯+nγ, f=μ,τ,d,u,s,c,b, at centre-of-mass energies from τ lepton threshold to 1 TeV, that is for LEP, SLC, future linear colliders, b, c, τ-factories, etc. Effects due to photon emission from initial beams and outgoing fermions are calculated in QED up to second-order, including all interference effects, within Coherent Exclusive Exponentiation (CEEX), which is based on Yennie-Frautschi-Suura exponentiation. Electroweak corrections are included in first order, with higher-order extensions, using the DIZET 6.21 library. Final-state quarks hadronize according to the parton shower model using JETSET. Beams can be polarized longitudinally and transversely. Decay of the τ leptons is simulated using the TAUOLA library, taking into account spin polarization effects as well. In particular the complete spin correlations density matrix of the initial-state beams and final state τ’s is incorporated in an exact manner. Effects due to beamstrahlung are simulated in a realistic way. The main improvements with respect to KORALZ are: (a) inclusion of the initial-final state QED interference, (b) inclusion of the exact matrix element for two photons, and (c) inclusion of the transverse spin correlations in τ decays (as in KORALB).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Jadach, S.; Płaczek, W.; Skrzypek, M.; Stokłosa, P.: Markovian Monte Carlo program EvolFMC v.2 for solving QCD evolution equations (2010)
- Sablonnière, P.: A quadrature formula associated with a univariate spline quasi interpolant (2007)
- Gazeau, Jean-Pierre; Masáková, Zuzana; Pelantová, Edita: Nested quasicrystalline discretisations of the line (2006)
- Jadach, S.: CEEX exponentiation in QED (2003)
- Jadach, S.; Płaczek, W.; Skrzypek, M.; Ward, B.F.L.; Wąs, Z.: The Monte Carlo program KoralW version 1. 51 and the concurrent Monte Carlo KoralW&YFSWW3 with all background graphs and first-order corrections to $W$-pair production (2001)
- Jadach, S.; Płaczek, W.; Skrzypek, M.; Ward, B.F.L.; Wąs, Z.: The Monte Carlo event generator YFSWW3 version 1. 16 for $W$-pair production and decay at LEP2/LC energies (2001)
- Jadach, S.: Foam: Multi-dimensional general purpose Monte Carlo generator with self-adapting simplical grid (2000)
- Jadach, S.; Ward, B.F.L.; Wąs, Z.: The precision Monte Carlo event generator $\calKK$ for two-fermion final states in $e^+ e^-$ collisions (2000)