Interval algorithms in modeling of multibody systems. We will show how a variety of interval algorithms have found their use in the multibody modeling program MOBILE. This paper acquaints the reader with the key features of this open source software, describes how interval arithmetic help to implement new transmission elements, and reports on interval modeling of dynamics, which is an inherent part of multibody simulations. In the latter case, the interval extension of MOBILE enhanced with an interval initial value problem solver (based on VNODE) is presented. The functionality of this application is shown with some examples. We provide insights into techniques used to enhance already existing modeling software with interval arithmetic concepts.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Tändl, M.; Stark, T.; Kecskeméthy, A.: Application of MOBILE for accurate bone motion reconstruction using motion-measurements and MRI measurements (2010)
- Auer, Ekaterina; Luther, Wolfram: SmartMOBILE and its applications to guaranteed modeling and simulation of mechanical systems (2009)
- Auer, Ekaterina; Luther, Wolfram: Uses of new sensitivity and DAE solving methods in SmartMobile for verified analysis of mechanical systems (2009)
- Tändl, Martin; Stark, Tobias; Erol, Nihat Ercümet; Löer, Franz; Kecskeméthy, Andrés: An object-oriented approach to simulating human gait motion based on motion tracking (2009)
- Auer, Ekaterina; Rauh, Andreas; Hofer, Eberhard P.; Luther, Wolfram: Validated modeling of mechanical systems with SmartMOBILE: Improvement of performance by ValEncIA-IVP (2008)
- Auer, Ekaterina: Interval modeling of dynamics for multibody systems (2007)
- Auer, Ekaterina; Kecskeméthy, Andrés; Tändl, Martin; Traczinski, Holger: Interval algorithms in modeling of multibody systems (2004)