EnviroStat: Statistical analysis of environmental space-time processes. Companion code to the book by Nhu D Le and James V Zidek, Springer (2006). ”Statistical analysis of environmental space-time processes”: The book is devoted to space-time modeling of data, e.g., several pollutants measured in time by a network of gauges located in space. The book is divided into four parts: Environmental processes, Space-time modeling, Design and risk assessment, Implementation. The first part is devoted to the main problems that can be encountered when studying problems in environmental sciences together with models that are usually applied to get relevant information. The second part is devoted to techniques that are known as kriging. The third part presents the fully general multivariate theory that may be used to design networks for monitoring environmental processes. The fourth part shows how to use the theory in practice. With the help of software, more specifically R codes, values at ungauged sites are estimated and potential new monitoring sites are selected. The mathematical theory for the suggested methods is explained in the Appendices.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Zidek, James V.; Shaddick, Gavin; Taylor, Carolyn G.: Reducing estimation bias in adaptively changing monitoring networks with preferential site selection (2014)
- Du, Juan; Ma, Chunsheng; Li, Yang: Isotropic variogram matrix functions on spheres (2013)
- Lee, Jon: Techniques for submodular maximization (2013)
- Uciński, Dariusz: An optimal scanning sensor activation policy for parameter estimation of distributed systems (2013)
- Alonso, Francisco Javier; Bueso, María del Carmen; Angulo, José Miguel: Effect of data transformations on predictive risk indicators (2012)
- Arima, Serena; Cretarola, Lorenza; Lasinio, Giovanna Jona; Pollice, Alessio: Bayesian univariate space-time hierarchical model for mapping pollutant concentrations in the municipal area of Taranto (2012)
- Kaplan, Alexey: Discussion of: A statistical analysis of multiple temperature proxies: are reconstructions of surface temperatures over the last 1000 years reliable? (2011)
- Bhattacharjya, Debarun; Eidsvik, Jo; Mukerji, Tapan: The value of information in spatial decision making (2010)
- Dou, Yiping; Le, Nhu D.; Zidek, James V.: Modeling hourly ozone concentration fields (2010)
- Smith, Brian J.; Oleson, Jacob J.: Geostatistical hierarchical model for temporally integrated radon measurements (2008)
- Stein, Michael L.: A modeling approach for large spatial datasets (2008)
- Le, Nhu D.; Zidek, James V.: Statistical analysis of environmental space-time processes. (2006)