R package funHDDC: Model-based clustering in group-specific functional subspaces: Model-based clustering of time series in group-specific functional subspacesThis work develops a general procedure for clustering functional data which adapts the clustering method high dimensional data clustering (HDDC), originally proposed in the multivariate context. The resulting clustering method, called funHDDC, is based on a functional latent mixture model which fits the functional data in group-specific functional subspaces. By constraining model parameters within and between groups, a family of parsimonious models is exhibited which allow to fit onto various situations. An estimation procedure based on the EM algorithm is proposed for determining both the model parameters and the group-specific functional subspaces. Experiments on real-world datasets show that the proposed approach performs better or similarly than classical two-step clustering methods while providing useful interpretations of the groups and avoiding the uneasy choice of the discretization technique. In particular, funHDDC appears to always outperform HDDC applied on spline coefficients.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Clara Happ: Object-Oriented Software for Functional Data (2017) arXiv
- Bouveyron, C.; Fauvel, M.; Girard, S.: Kernel discriminant analysis and clustering with parsimonious Gaussian process models (2015)
- Yamamoto, Michio: Clustering of functional data in a low-dimensional subspace (2012)
- Bouveyron, Charles; Jacques, Julien: Model-based clustering of time series in group-specific functional subspaces (2011)
- Frühwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia: Panel data analysis: a survey on model-based clustering of time series (2011)