ThemeRiver: Visualizing Theme Changes over Time. ThemeRiver™ is a prototype system that visualizes thematic variations over time within a large collection of documents. The “river” flows from left to right through time, changing width to depict changes in thematic strength of temporally associated documents. Colored “currents” flowing within the river narrow or widen to indicate decreases or increases in the strength of an individual topic or a group of topics in the associated documents. The river is shown within the context of a timeline and a corresponding textual presentation of external events.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Sun, Guo-Dao; Wu, Ying-Cai; Liang, Rong-Hua; Liu, Shi-Xia: A survey of visual analytics techniques and applications: state-of-the-art research and future challenges (2013)
- Wills, Graham: Visualizing time. Designing graphical representations for statistical data (2012)
- Telea, Alexandru; Voinea, Lucian: Visual software analytics for the build optimization of large-scale software systems (2011)
- Gürkan, Ali; Iandoli, Luca; Klein, Mark; Zollo, Giuseppe: Mediating debate through on-line large-scale argumentation: evidence from the field (2010)
- Rohrdantz, Christian; Koch, Steffen; Jochim, Charles; Heyer, Gerhard; Scheuermann, Gerik; Ertl, Thomas; Schütze, Hinrich; Keim, Daniel A.: Visuelle Textanalyse. Interaktive Exploration von semantischen Inhalten (2010)
- Schwartz, Moses; Hash, Curtis; Liebrock, Lorie M.: Term distribution visualizations with focus+context overview and usability evaluation (2010)
- Forman, George: Quantifying counts and costs via classification (2008)
- Ontrup, Jörg; Ritter, Helge: Large-scale data exploration with the hierarchically growing hyperbolic SOM (2006)
- Krishnan, Aparna; Jones, Steve: Timespace: Activity-based temporal visualisation of personal information spaces. (2005)
- Nocke, Thomas; Schumann, Heidrun; Böhm, Uwe: Methods for the visualization of clustered climate data (2004)
- Havre, Susan; Hetzler, Elizabeth; Whitney, Paul; Nowell, Lucy: ThemeRiver: Visualizing Thematic Changes in Large Document Collections (2002)