TILOS: A posynomial programming approach to transistor sizing. A new transistor sizing algorithm, which couples synchronous timing analysis with convex optimization techniques, is presented. Let A be the sum of transistor sizes, T the longest delay through the circuit, and K a positive constant. Using a distributed RC model, each of the following three programs is shown to be convex: 1) Minimize A subject to T < K. 2) Minimize T subject to A < K. 3) Minimize AT K . The convex equations describing T are a particular class of functions called posynomials. Convex programs have many pleasant properties, and chief among these is the fact that any point found to be locally optimal is certain to be globally optimal TILOS (Timed Logic Synthesizer) is a program that sizes transistors in CMOS circuits. Preliminary results of TILOS’s transistor sizing algorithm are presented.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Purushothaman, A.; Parikh, Chetan D.: A new delay model and geometric programming-based design automation for latched comparators (2015) ioport
- Beece, Daniel K.; Visweswariah, Chandu; Xiong, Jinjun; Zolotov, Vladimir: Transistor sizing of custom high-performance digital circuits with parametric yield considerations (2014)
- Liao, Chen; Hu, Shiyan: Approximation scheme for restricted discrete gate sizing targeting delay minimization (2011)
- Nikoubin, Tooraj; Bahrebar, Poona; Pouri, Sara; Navi, Keivan; Iravani, Vaez: Simple exact algorithm for transistor sizing of low-power high-speed arithmetic circuits (2010) ioport
- Yelamarthi, Kumar; Chen, Chien-In Henry: Dynamic CMOS load balancing and path oriented in time optimization algorithms to minimize delay uncertainties from process variations (2010) ioport
- Boyd, Stephen; Kim, Seung-Jean; Vandenberghe, Lieven; Hassibi, Arash: A tutorial on geometric programming (2007)
- Kim, Seung-Jean; Boyd, Stephen P.; Yun, Sunghee; Patil, Dinesh D.; Horowitz, Mark A.: A heuristic for optimizing stochastic activity networks with applications to statistical digital circuit sizing (2007)
- Szegedy, Christian: Some applications of the weighted combinatorial Laplacian (2005)