Program E-Surge: A Software Application for Fitting Multievent Models. Multievent models (Pradel 2005, 2008) handle state uncertainty, and they therefore cover a range of situations like hidden capture heterogeneity and sex determination from behaviour which cannot be treated in the multistate paradigm. We introduce a new software application called e-surge, built upon the concepts developed in program m-surge (Choquet et al. 2004) to encompass this new class of capture–recapture models. It also improves on m-surge by allowing the decomposition of transitions into several steps. We present the new concepts involved, notably the event and the multistep process, and how they are implemented in e-surge. We then illustrate the use of e-surge with three examples. One example deals with breeding propensity where the breeding state cannot always be ascertained; a further deals with emigration which is considered as a two-step process (Grosbois and Tavecchia 2003) and the last one with a version of a memory model where survival can be handled directly.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- McCrea, Rachel S.; Morgan, Byron J. T.: Analysis of capture-recapture data (2015)
- Choquet, R.; Cole, D.J.: A hybrid symbolic-numerical method for determining model structure (2012)
- Lebreton, J.D.; Choquet, R.; Gimenez, O.: Simple estimation and test procedures in capture-mark-recapture mixed models (2012)
- Juillet, C.; Choquet, R.; Gauthier, G.; Pradel, R.: A capture-recapture model with double-marking, live and dead encounters, and heterogeneity of reporting due to auxiliary mark loss (2011)
- Rouan, L.; Choquet, R.; Pradel, R.: A general framework for modeling memory in capture-recapture data (2009)
- Choquet, Rémi: Automatic generation of multistate capture-recapture models (2008)
- Gauthier, Gilles; Lebreton, Jean-Dominique: Analysis of band-recovery data in a multistate capture-recapture framework (2008)
- Pradel, Roger; Maurin-Bernier, Lory; Gimenez, Olivier; Genovart, Meritxell; Choquet, Rémi; Oro, Daniel: Estimation of sex-specific survival with uncertainty in sex assessment (2008)