PFVIBAT - a computer program for plane frame vibration analysis by an exact method The described program PFVIBAT uses the exact displacement method to perform free and forced vibration analysis entirely within the differential equation theory of beams thus avoiding assumed modes and lumped masses. The frame may contain rigid bodies. Clamped, hinged, guided and rolling connections are allowed for. Consideration of rotatory inertia, shear deformation and second-order bending moments and shear forces as caused by static axial load is optional. Eigenfrequencies and modal masses are calculated with an accuracy that may be specified. Displacement and moment modes are plotted. Transient vibrations are studied.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Lee, Usik: Spectral element method in structural dynamics (2009)
- Williams, Frederic W.; Kennedy, David; Djoudi, Mohamed S.: The member stiffness determinant and its uses for the transcendental eigenproblems of structural engineering and other disciplines. (2003)
- Williams, F. W.; Kennedy, D.: Derivation of new transcendental member stiffness determinant for vibrating frames (2003)
- Elishakoff, I.: A selective review of direct, semi-inverse and inverse eigenvalue problems for structures described by differential equations with variable coefficients (2000)
- Hashemi, S. Mohammad; Richard, Marc J.: A dynamic finite element (DFE) method for free vibrations of bending-torsion coupled beams (2000)
- Banerjee, J. R.; Williams, F. W.: Coupled bending-torsional dynamic stiffness matrix of an axially loaded Timoshenko beam element (1994)
- Leung, A. Y. T.: Non-conservative dynamic stiffness analysis of axial-lateral buckling (1993)
- Banerjee, J. R.; Williams, F. W.: Coupled bending-torsional dynamic stiffness matrix for Timoshenko beam elements (1992)
- Hallauer, W. L. jun.; Liu, R. Y. L.: Beam bending-torsion dynamic stiffness method for calculation of exact vibration modes (1982)
- Wittrick, W. H.; Williams, F. W.: On the free vibration analysis of spinning structures by using discrete or distributed mass models (1982)
- Akesson, Bengt A.: PFVIBAT - a computer program for plane frame vibration analysis by an exact method (1976)