Mcmt: a model checker modulo theories. We describe mcmt, a fully declarative and deductive symbolic model checker for safety properties of infinite state systems whose state variables are arrays. Theories specify the properties of the indexes and the elements of the arrays. Sets of states and transitions of a system are described by quantified first-order formulae. The core of the system is a backward reachability procedure which symbolically computes pre-images of the set of unsafe states and checks for safety and fix-points by solving Satisfiability Modulo Theories (SMT) problems. Besides standard SMT techniques, efficient heuristics for quantifier instantiation, specifically tailored to model checking, are at the very heart of the system. mcmt has been successfully applied to the verification of imperative programs, parametrised, timed, and distributed systems.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Rocha, Camilo; Meseguer, José; Muñoz, César: Rewriting modulo SMT and open system analysis (2017)
- Alberti, Francesco; Ghilardi, Silvio; Sharygina, Natasha: Decision procedures for flat array properties (2015)
- Alberti, Francesco; Bruttomesso, Roberto; Ghilardi, Silvio; Ranise, Silvio; Sharygina, Natasha: An extension of lazy abstraction with interpolation for programs with arrays (2014)
- Alberti, Francesco; Ghilardi, Silvio; Sharygina, Natasha: Definability of accelerated relations in a theory of arrays and its applications (2013)
- Bertolissi, Clara; Ranise, Silvio: Verification of composed array-based systems with applications to security-aware workflows (2013)
- Lisitsa, Alexei: Finite reasons for safety (2013)
- Ranise, Silvio: Symbolic backward reachability with effectively propositional logic. Application to security policy analysis (2013)
- Alberti, Francesco; Bruttomesso, Roberto; Ghilardi, Silvio; Ranise, Silvio; Sharygina, Natasha: Lazy abstraction with interpolants for arrays (2012)
- Heidarian, Faranak; Schmaltz, Julien; Vaandrager, Frits: Analysis of a clock synchronization protocol for wireless sensor networks (2012)
- Alberti, Francesco; Armando, Alessandro; Ranise, Silvio: ASASP: automated symbolic analysis of security policies (2011) ioport
- Ghilardi, Silvio; Ranise, Silvio: MCMT: a model checker modulo theories (2010)
- Ghilardi, Silvio; Ranise, Silvio: Backward reachability of array-based systems by SMT solving: termination and invariant synthesis (2010)