IBEX is a C++ library for constraint processing over real numbers. It provides reliable algorithms for handling non-linear constraints. In particular, roundoff errors are also taken into account. It is based on interval arithmetic and affine arithmetic. The main feature of Ibex is its ability to build strategies declaratively through the contractor programming paradigm. It can also be used as a black-box solver. Two emblematic problems that can be addressed are: System solving. A guaranteed enclosure for each solution of a system of (nonlinear) equations is calculated. Global optimization. A global minimizer of some function under non-linear constraints is calculated with guaranteed bounds on the objective minimum. IBEX is an open-source academic project that started in 2007.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Joudrier, Hugo; Thiard, Florence: A greedy approach for a rolling stock management problem using multi-interval constraint propagation. A greedy approach for a rolling stock management problem using multi-interval constraint propagation, ROADEF/EURO challenge 2014 (2018)
- Neveu, Bertrand; Trombettoni, Gilles; Araya, Ignacio: Node selection strategies in interval branch and bound algorithms (2016)
- Ninin, Jordan: Global optimization based on contractor programming: an overview of the IBEX library (2016)
- Vismara, Philippe; Coletta, Remi; Trombettoni, Gilles: Constrained global optimization for wine blending (2016)
- Neveu, Bertrand; Trombettoni, Gilles; Araya, Ignacio: Adaptive constructive interval disjunction: algorithms and experiments (2015)
- Goualard, Frédéric: How do you compute the midpoint of an interval? (2014)
- Maïga, Moussa; Ramdani, Nacim; Travé-Massuyès, Louise; Combastel, Christophe: A CSP versus a zonotope-based method for solving guard set intersection in nonlinear hybrid reachability (2014)
- Araya, Ignacio; Neveu, Bertrand; Trombettoni, Gilles: An interval extension based on occurrence grouping (2012)
- Neveu, Bertrand; Trombettoni, Gilles; Chabert, Gilles: Improving inter-block backtracking with interval Newton (2010)
- Chabert, Gilles; Jaulin, Luc: Contractor programming (2009)