The DUNE-ALUGrid Module. In this paper we present the new DUNE-ALUGrid module. This module contains a major overhaul of the sources from the ALUgrid library and the binding to the DUNE software framework. The main improvements concern the parallel feature set of the library, including now user defined load balancing and parallel grid construction. In addition many improvements have been introduced into the code to increase the parallel efficiency and to decrease the memory footprint. The original ALUGrid library is widely used within the DUNE community due to its good parallel performance for problems requiring local adaptivity and dynamic load balancing. Therefore this new model will benefit a number of DUNE users. In addition we have added features to increase the range of problems for which the grid manager can be used, for example, introducing a 3d tetrahedral grid using a parallel newest vertex bisection algorithm for conforming grid refinement. In this paper we will discuss the new features, extensions to the DUNE interface, and explain for various examples how the code is used in parallel environments.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Semplice, Matteo; Loubère, Raphaël: Adaptive-mesh-refinement for hyperbolic systems of conservation laws based on a posteriori stabilized high order polynomial reconstructions (2018)
- Ohlberger, M.; Schindler, F.: Error control for the localized reduced basis multiscale method with adaptive on-line enrichment (2015)
- Giesselmann, Jan; Müller, Thomas: Geometric error of finite volume schemes for conservation laws on evolving surfaces (2014)
- Götschel, S.; Chamakuri, N.; Kunisch, K.; Weiser, M.: Lossy compression in optimal control of cardiac defibrillation (2014)
- Bastian, P.; Blatt, M.; Dedner, A.; Engwer, C.; Klöfkorn, R.; Kornhuber, R.; Ohlberger, M.; Sander, O.: A generic grid interface for parallel and adaptive scientific computing. II: Implementation and tests in DUNE (2008)