Gephi: An Open Source Software for Exploring and Manipulating Networks. Gephi is an interactive visualization and exploration platform for all kinds of networks and complex systems, dynamic and hierarchical graphs. Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Gephi is open-source and free. Gephi is a tool for people that have to explore and understand graphs. Like Photoshop but for data, the user interacts with the representation, manipulate the structures, shapes and colors to reveal hidden properties. The goal is to help data analysts to make hypothesis, intuitively discover patterns, isolate structure singularities or faults during data sourcing. It is a complementary tool to traditional statistics, as visual thinking with interactive interfaces is now recognized to facilitate reasoning. This is a software for Exploratory Data Analysis, a paradigm appeared in the Visual Analytics field of research.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Tsiotas, Dimitrios; Polyzos, Serafeim: Analyzing the maritime transportation system in Greece: a complex network approach (2015)
- Palombi, Filippo; Toti, Simona: Stochastic dynamics of the multi-state voter model over a network based on interacting cliques and zealot candidates (2014)
- Ma, Yu-Xin; Xu, Jia-Yi; Peng, Di-Chao; Zhang, Ting; Jin, Cheng-Zhe; Qu, Hua-Min; Chen, Wei; Peng, Qun-Sheng: A visual analysis approach for community detection of multi-context mobile social networks (2013)
- Nettleton, David F.: Data mining of social networks represented as graphs (2013)
- Purchase, Helen C.; Hamer, John; Nöllenburg, Martin; Kobourov, Stephen G.: On the usability of lombardi graph drawings (2013)
- Fernandez, Maximiliano; Galeano, Javier; Hidalgo, Cesar: Bipartite networks provide new insights on international trade markets (2012)