A flexible MATLAB tool for optimal fractional-order PID controller design subject to specifications. In this paper, we present a flexible optimization tool suitable for fractional-order PID controller design with respect to given design specifications. Fractional-order controllers are based on the rapidly evolving scientific field called fractional-order calculus. Its concepts are applicable in solving many scientific and engineering problems, including robust control system design. The fractional PID is a natural evolution of the conventional PID controller and as such new tuning strategies are now possible due to enhanced accuracy of the fractional-order models. The presented tool, which is a part of FOMCON - a MATLAB fractional-order calculus oriented toolbox, - uses numerical optimization methods to carry out the tuning and obtain a controller for a chosen plant to be controlled, which can either be a fractional-order plant or an integer-order plant.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Li, Zhuo; Liu, Lu; Dehghan, Sina; Chen, Yangquan; Xue, Dingyü: A review and evaluation of numerical tools for fractional calculus and fractional order controls (2017)
- Antoniadis, Anestis; Brossat, Xavier; Goude, Yannig; Poggi, Jean-Michel; Thouvenot, Vincent: Automatic component selection in additive modeling of French national electricity load forecasting (2016)
- Fedele, Giuseppe; Ferrise, Andrea: Periodic disturbance rejection for fractional-order dynamical systems (2015)
- Nowak, Tomasz Karol; Duzinkiewicz, Kazimierz; Piotrowski, Robert: Numerical solution of fractional neutron point kinetics model in nuclear reactor (2014)
- Bruzzone, Luca; Fanghella, Pietro: Fractional-order control of a micrometric linear axis (2013)
- Marinov, Toma; Ramirez, Nelson; Santamaria, Fidel: Fractional Integration Toolbox (2013)
Further publications can be found at: http://fomcon.net/publications/