ILUBCG2-11: Solution of 11-banded nonsymmetric linear equation systems by a preconditioned biconjugate gradient routine. The biconjugate gradient method (BCG) provides an attractive alternative to the usual conjugate gradient algorithms for the solution of sparse systems of linear equations with nonsymmetric and indefinite matrix operators. A preconditioned algorithm is given, whose form resembles the incomplete $L-U$ conjugate gradient scheme (ILUCG2) previously presented. Although the BCG scheme requires the storage of two additional vectors, it converges in a significantly lesser number of iterations (often half), while the number of calculations per iteration remains essentially the same.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Zhang, Aishe; Zhang, Ling: Performance of certain Krylov subspace methods for solving convection-diffusion equations (2004)
- Bahadir, A.Refik; Ellerby, F.Brian: On the performance of certain direct and iterative methods on equations arising on a two-dimensional in situ combustion simulator (2002)
- Chen, Yen-Ming; Ou, Yuh-Roung; Pearlstein, Arne J.: Development of the wake behind a circular cylinder impulsively started into rotatory and rectilinear motion (1993)
- Ou, Yuh-Roung; Burns, John A.: Optimal control of lift/drag ratios on a rotating cylinder (1992)
- Chen, Y.M.; Koniges, A.E.; Anderson, D.V.: ILUBCG2-11: Solution of 11-banded nonsymmetric linear equation systems by a preconditioned biconjugate gradient routine (1989)
- Radicati, G.; Robert, Y.; Succi, S.: Iterative algorithms for the solution of nonsymmetric systems in the modelling of weak plasma turbulence (1989)
- Anderson, D.V.; Koniges, A.E.; Shumaker, D.E.: CPDES2: A preconditioned conjugate gradient solver for linear asymmetric matrix equations arising from coupled partial differential equations in two dimensions (1988)