HermiT: A highly-efficient OWL reasoner. HermiT is reasoner for ontologies written using the Web Ontology Language (OWL). Given an OWL file, HermiT can determine whether or not the ontology is consistent, identify subsumption relationships between classes, and much more. HermiT is the first publicly-available OWL reasoner based on a novel “hypertableau” calculus which provides much more efficient reasoning than any previously-known algorithm. Ontologies which previously required minutes or hours to classify can often by classified in seconds by HermiT, and HermiT is the first reasoner able to classify a number of ontologies which had previously proven too complex for any available system to handle. HermiT uses direct semantics and passes all OWL 2 conformance tests for direct semantics reasoners.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Borgwardt, Stefan; Peñaloza, Rafael: Algorithms for reasoning in very expressive description logics under infinitely valued Gödel semantics (2017)
- Parsia, Bijan; Matentzoglu, Nicolas; Gonçalves, Rafael S.; Glimm, Birte; Steigmiller, Andreas: The OWL reasoner evaluation (ORE) 2015 competition report (2017)
- Sikos, Leslie F.: Description logics in multimedia reasoning (2017)
- Zhou, Yujiao; Grau, Bernardo Cuenca; Nenov, Yavor; Kaminski, Mark; Horrocks, Ian: PAGOdA: pay-as-you-go ontology query answering using a datalog reasoner (2015)
- Glimm, Birte; Horrocks, Ian; Motik, Boris; Stoilos, Giorgos; Wang, Zhe: HermiT: an OWL 2 reasoner (2014)
- Nikitina, Nadeschda; Rudolph, Sebastian: (Non-)succinctness of uniform interpolants of general terminologies in the description logic $\mathcalEL$ (2014)
- Zhang, Xiaowang; Xiao, Guohui; Lin, Zuoquan; Van den Bussche, Jan: Inconsistency-tolerant reasoning with OWL DL (2014)
- Bastinos, Ana Šaša; Krisper, Marjan: Multi-criteria decision making in ontologies (2013) ioport
- Konev, Boris; Lutz, Carsten; Walther, Dirk; Wolter, Frank: Model-theoretic inseparability and modularity of description logic ontologies (2013)
- Nardini, Elena; Omicini, Andrea; Viroli, Mirko: Semantic tuple centres (2013) ioport