Description logics (DLs) are an important family of formalisms for reasoning about ontologies. CEL is the first reasoner for the description logic EL+, supporting as its main reasoning task the computation of the subsumption hierarchy induced by EL+ ontologies. The most distinguishing feature of CEL is that, unlike other modern DL reasoners, it implements a polynomial-time algorithm. The supported description logic EL+ offers a selected set of expressive means that are tailored towards the formulation of medical and biological ontologies. CEL is an OWL 2 EL reasoner (albeit currently with some limitations). To get some idea about what logical aspects can be expressed in CEL ontologies, look at our toy ontologies page.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Ecke, Andreas; Peñaloza, Rafael; Turhan, Anni-Yasmin: Completion-based generalization inferences for the description logic $\mathcalELOR$ with subjective probabilities (2014)
- Kazakov, Yevgeny; Krötzsch, Markus; Simančík, František: The incredible ELK. From polynomial procedures to efficient reasoning with $\mathcal EL$ ontologies (2014)
- Cuenca Grau, Bernardo; Motik, Boris; Stoilos, Giorgos; Horrocks, Ian: Completeness guarantees for incomplete ontology reasoners: theory and practice (2012)
- Krötzsch, Markus: OWL 2 profiles: an introduction to lightweight ontology languages (2012)
- Baader, Franz; Lutz, Carsten; Turhan, Anni-Yasmin: Small is again beautiful in description logics (2010)
- Cuenca Grau, Bernardo; Halaschek-Wiener, Christian; Kazakov, Yevgeny; Suntisrivaraporn, Boontawee: Incremental classification of description logics ontologies (2010)
- Distel, Felix: An approach to exploring description logic knowledge bases (2010)
- Hoffmann, J.; Bertoli, P.; Helmert, M.; Pistore, M.: Message-based web service composition, integrity constraints, and planning under uncertainty: a new connection (2009)
- Konev, Boris; Walther, Dirk; Wolter, Frank: The logical difference problem for description logic terminologies (2008)
- Motik, Boris; Horrocks, Ian: Individual reuse in description logic reasoning (2008)