JLAPACK – Compiling LAPACK FORTRAN to Java. he JLAPACK project provides the LAPACK numerical subroutines translated from their subset Fortran 77 source into class files, executable by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and suitable for use by Java programmers. This makes it possible for Java applications or applets, distributed on the World Wide Web (WWW) to use established legacy numerical code that was originally written in Fortran. The translation is accomplished using a special purpose Fortran‐to‐Java (source‐to‐source) compiler. The LAPACK API will be considerably simplified to take advantage of Java’s object‐oriented design. This report describes the research issues involved in the JLAPACK project, and its current implementation and status.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Mateos, Cristian; Zunino, Alejandro; Hirsch, Matías; Fernández, Mariano; Campo, Marcelo: A software tool for semi-automatic gridification of resource-intensive Java bytecodes and its application to ray tracing and sequence alignment (2011) ioport
- Wendykier, Piotr; Nagy, James G.: Parallel Colt: a high-performance Java library for scientific computing and image processing (2010)
- Beebe, Nelson H. F.; Ball, James S.: Algorithm 867: QUADLOG -- a package of routines for generating Gauss-related quadrature for two classes of logarithmic weight functions. (2007)
- Ozaki, K.; Ogita, T.; Miyajima, S.; Oishi, S.; Rump, S. M.: A method of obtaining verified solutions for linear systems suited for Java (2007)
- Heroux, Michael A.; Bartlett, Roscoe A.; Howle, Vicki E.; Hoekstra, Robert J.; Hu, Jonathan J.; Kolda, Tamara G.; Lehoucq, Richard B.; Long, Kevin R.; Pawlowski, Roger P.; Phipps, Eric T.; Salinger, Andrew G.; Thornquist, Heidi; Tuminaro, Ray S.; Willenbring, James M.; Williams, Alan; Stanley, Kendall S.: An overview of the Trilinos project. (2005)
- Seymour, Keith; Dongarra, Jack: Automatic translation of Fortran to JVM bytecode (2003)
- Ginsberg, Myron: Influences, challenges, and strategies for automotive HPC benchmarking and performance improvement (1999)