The AptoFEM package is a general purpose finite element software toolkit with a strong emphasis on applications arising in computational fluid dynamics and computational electromagnetics. It is currently being developed in Fortran 90 and its design takes advantage of the object oriented concepts and the generic programming capabilities offered by this language. The key features of this package include: Non-conforming Discontinuous Galerkin finite element methods. Standard conforming finite element methods. Dimension independent data structures. 2D/3D unstructured hybrid grids consisting of triangles, quadrilaterals, hexahedra, tetrahedra, prisms, pyramids. Local isotropic and anisotropic mesh adaptation. Arbitrary high-order hp-FEM. A posteriori error estimation. Interfaces to a variety of third party linear algebra packages.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Cliffe, K.A.; Collis, J.; Houston, P.: Goal-oriented a posteriori error estimation for the travel time functional in porous media flows (2015)
- Giani, Stefano: An $hp$-adaptive discontinuous Galerkin method for plasmonic waveguides (2014)
- Giani, Stefano; Schötzau, Dominik; Zhu, Liang: An a-posteriori error estimate for $hp$-adaptive DG methods for convection-diffusion problems on anisotropically refined meshes (2014)
- Houston, Paul; Schötzau, Dominik; Wei, Xiaoxi: A mixed DG method for linearized incompressible magnetohydrodynamics (2009)
- Hartmann, Ralf; Houston, Paul: An optimal order interior penalty discontinuous Galerkin discretization of the compressible Navier-Stokes equations (2008)