Determinants through the looking glass. Using a recurrence derived from Dogson’s condensation method, we provide numereous explicit evaluations of determinants. They were all conjectured, and then rigorously proved, by computer-assisted methods, that should be amenable to full automation. We also mention a first step towards that goal, our Maple package, DODGSON, that automates the special case of Hankel and Toeplitz hypergeometric determinants.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Tangboonduangjit, Aram; Thanatipanonda, Thotsaporn: Determinants containing powers of generalized Fibonacci numbers (2016)
- Helou, Charles; Sellers, James A.: Evaluation of a family of binomial determinants (2015)
- Abeles, Francine F.: Chiò’s and Dodgson’s determinantal identities (2014)
- Amdeberhan, Tewodros; Chen, Xi; Moll, Victor H.; Sagan, Bruce E.: Generalized Fibonacci polynomials and fibonomial coefficients (2014)
- Koutschan, Christoph; Thanatipanonda, Thotsaporn “Aek”: Advanced computer algebra for determinants (2013)
- Cigler, J.; Krattenthaler, C.: Some determinants of path generating functions (2011)
- Abeles, Francine F.: Dodgson condensation: The historical and mathematical development of an experimental method (2008)
- Krattenthaler, C.: Advanced determinant calculus: a complement (2005)
- Zakrajšek, Helena; Petkovšek, Marko: Pascal-like determinants are recursive (2004)
- Zeilberger, Doron: Liebe Opa Paul, ich bin auch ein experimental scientist! (2003)
- Krattenthaler, C.: Evaluations of some determinants of matrices related to the Pascal triangle (2002)
- Amdeberhan, Tewodros; Zeilberger, Doron: Determinants through the looking glass (2001)