The 2DECOMP&FFT library is a software framework in Fortran to build large-scale parallel applications. It is designed for applications using three-dimensional structured mesh and spatially implicit numerical algorithms. At the foundation it implements a general-purpose 2D pencil decomposition for data distribution on distributed-memory platforms. On top it provides a highly scalable and efficient interface to perform three-dimensional distributed FFTs. The library is optimised for supercomputers and scales well to hundreds of thousands of cores. It relies on MPI but provides a user-friendly programming interface that hides communication details from application developers.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Abide, Stéphane; Viazzo, Stéphane; Raspo, Isabelle; Randriamampianina, Anthony: Higher-order compact scheme for high-performance computing of stratified rotating flows (2018)
- Plonka, Gerlind; Potts, Daniel; Steidl, Gabriele; Tasche, Manfred: Numerical Fourier analysis (2018)
- Munters, W.; Meyers, J.: An optimal control framework for dynamic induction control of wind farms and their interaction with the atmospheric boundary layer (2017)
- Abdelsamie, Abouelmagd; Fru, Gordon; Oster, Timo; Dietzsch, Felix; Janiga, Gábor; Thévenin, Dominique: Towards direct numerical simulations of low-Mach number turbulent reacting and two-phase flows using immersed boundaries (2016)
- Gholami, Amir; Malhotra, Dhairya; Sundar, Hari; Biros, George: FFT, FMM, or multigrid? A comparative study of state-of-the-art Poisson solvers for uniform and nonuniform grids in the unit cube (2016)
- He, Ping: A high order finite difference solver for massively parallel simulations of stably stratified turbulent channel flows (2016)
- Jung, Jaewoon; Kobayashi, Chigusa; Imamura, Toshiyuki; Sugita, Yuji: Parallel implementation of 3D FFT with volumetric decomposition schemes for efficient molecular dynamics simulations (2016)
- Lončar, Vladimir; Young-S., Luis E.; Škrbić, Srdjan; Muruganandam, Paulsamy; Adhikari, Sadhan K.; Balaž, Antun: OpenMP, OpenMP/MPI, and CUDA/MPI C programs for solving the time-dependent dipolar Gross-Pitaevskii equation (2016)
- Mortensen, Mikael; Langtangen, Hans Petter: High performance python for direct numerical simulations of turbulent flows (2016)
- Motheau, E.; Abraham, J.: A high-order numerical algorithm for DNS of low-Mach-number reactive flows with detailed chemistry and quasi-spectral accuracy (2016)
- Pippig, Michael: PFFT: An extension of FFTW to massively parallel architectures (2013)
- Pippig, Michael; Potts, Daniel: Parallel three-dimensional nonequispaced fast Fourier transforms and their application to particle simulation (2013)