Integrated Parallel Accurate Reservoir Simulators (IPARS), developed under the directorship of Mary Wheeler at the Center for Subsurface Modeling, at the University of Texas’ Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics, TICAM, is a framework for developing parallel models of subsurface flow and transport through porous media. It currently can simulate single phase (water only), two phase (water and oil) or three phase (water, oil and gas) flow through a multi-block 3D porous medium. IPARS can be applied to model water table decline due to overproduction near urban areas, or enhanced oil and gas recovery in industrial applications.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Ganis, Benjamin; Kumar, Kundan; Pencheva, Gergina; Wheeler, Mary F.; Yotov, Ivan: A global Jacobian method for mortar discretizations of a fully implicit two-phase flow model (2014)
- Hu, Xiaozhe; Xu, Jinchao; Zhang, Chensong: Application of auxiliary space preconditioning in field-scale reservoir simulation (2013)
- Kou, Jisheng; Sun, Shuyu: Convergence of discontinuous Galerkin methods for incompressible two-phase flow in heterogeneous media (2013)
- Kou, Jisheng; Sun, Shuyu: On iterative IMPES formulation for two phase flow with capillarity in heterogeneous porous media (2010)
- Kou, Jisheng; Sun, Shuyu: A new treatment of capillarity to improve the stability of IMPES two-phase flow formulation (2010)
- Gervais, Véronique; Masson, Roland: Numerical simulation of a stratigraphic model (2008)
- Bangerth, W.; Klie, H.; Wheeler, M.F.; Stoffa, P.L.; Sen, M.K.: On optimization algorithms for the reservoir oil well placement problem (2006)
- Klie, H.; Bangerth, W.; Gai, X.; Wheeler, M.F.; Stoffa, P.L.; Sen, M.; Parashar, M.; Catalyurek, U.; Saltz, J.; Kurc, T.: Models, methods and middleware for grid-enabled multiphysics oil reservoir management (2006)
- Bangerth, Wolfgang; Klie, Hector; Matossian, Vincent; Parashar, Manish; Wheeler, Mary F.: An autonomic reservoir framework for the stochastic optimization of well placement (2005)
- Peszyńska, Małgorzata: Mortar adaptivity in mixed methods for flow in porous media (2005)
- Lacroix, S.; Vassilevski, Yu.; Wheeler, J.; Wheeler, M.: Iterative solution methods for modeling multiphase flow in porous media fully implicitly (2003)
- Scheichl, R.; Masson, R.; Wendebourg, J.: Decoupling and block preconditioning for sedimentary basin simulations (2003)