CGALmesh is a 3D simplicial mesh generator. It provides isotropic tetrahedron meshes for domains or multi-domains bounded by curved or flat, smooth or piecewise smooth, surfaces. CGALmesh handle a wide variety of inputs ranging from 3D images to implicit functions through surface meshes (see gallery below, recent slides and document). CGALmeshed is based on the 3D Delaunay and regular triangulations from the CGAL library. It combines Delaunay refinement and Delaunay filtering through the notion of restricted Delaunay triangulation. Delaunay refinement is followed by an optimization phase. Sharp creases are handled via the method of protecting balls. CGALmesh is open source and can be downloaded from the CGAL web site.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Ni, Saifeng; Zhong, Zichun; Liu, Yang; Wang, Wenping; Chen, Zhonggui; Guo, Xiaohu: Sliver-suppressing tetrahedral mesh optimization with gradient-based shape matching energy (2017)
- Shen, Jingjing; Busé, Laurent; Alliez, Pierre; Dodgson, Neil: A line/trimmed NURBS surface intersection algorithm using matrix representations (2016)
- Jamin, Clément; Alliez, Pierre; Yvinec, Mariette; Boissonnat, Jean-Daniel: CGALmesh: a generic framework for Delaunay mesh generation (2015)
- Si, Hang: TetGen, a Delaunay-based quality tetrahedral mesh generator (2015)
- Rudolf, Florian; Weinbub, Josef; Rupp, Karl; Selberherr, Siegfried: The meshing framework ViennaMesh for finite element applications (2014)