SCIRun2: a CCA framework for high performance computing. We present an overview of the SCIRun2 parallel component framework. SCIRun2 is based on the common component architecture (CCA) as stated by R. Armstrong et al. (1999) and the SCI Institutes’ SCIRun by C. Johnson and S. Parker (1999). SCIRun2 supports distributed computing through distributed objects. Parallel components are managed transparently over an M×N method invocation and data redistribution subsystem. A meta component model based on CCA is used to accommodate multiple component models such as CCA, CORBA and Dataflow. A group of monitoring components built on top of the TAU toolkit as stated in Advanced Computing Laboratory (1999) evaluate the performance of the other components.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Weinbub, Josef; Rupp, Karl; Selberherr, Siegfried: Highly flexible and reusable finite element simulations with ViennaX (2014)
- de Carvalho, Francisco Heron jun.; de Rezende, Cenez Araújo: A case study on expressiveness and performance of component-oriented parallel programming (2013)
- Rouson, Damian W.I.; Rosenberg, Robert; Xu, Xiaofeng; Moulitsas, Irene; Kassinos, Stavros C.: A grid-free abstraction of the Navier-Stokes equations in Fortran 95/2003 (2008)
- Bertrand, Felipe; Bramley, Randall; Bernholdt, David E.; Kohl, James A.; Sussman, Alan; Larson, Jay W.; Damevski, Kostadin B.: Data redistribution and remote method invocation for coupled components (2006)
- McInnes, Lois Curfman; Allan, Benjamin A.; Armstrong, Robert; Benson, Steven J.; Bernholdt, David E.; Dahlgren, Tamara L.; Diachin, Lori Freitag; Krishnan, Manojkumar; Kohl, James A.; Larson, J. Walter; Lefantzi, Sophia; Nieplocha, Jarek; Norris, Boyana; Parker, Steven G.; Ray, Jaideep; Zhou, Shujia: Parallel PDE-based simulations using the common component architecture (2006)