The Uintah software suite is a set of libraries and applications for simulating and analyzing complex chemical and physical reactions. These reactions are modeled by solving partial differential equations on structured adaptive grids using hundreds to thousands of processors (though smaller simulations may also be run on a scientist’s desktop computer). Key software applications have been developed for exploring the fine details of metal containers (encompassing energetic materials) embedded in large hydrocarbon fires. Uintah’s underlying technologies have led to novel techniques for understanding large pool eddy fires as well as new methods for simulating fluid-structure interactions. The software is general purpose in nature and the breadth of simulation domains continues to grow beyond the original focus of the C-SAFE initiative.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Weinbub, Josef; Rupp, Karl; Selberherr, Siegfried: Highly flexible and reusable finite element simulations with ViennaX (2014)
- Burghardt, Jeff; Brannon, R.; Guilkey, J.: A nonlocal plasticity formulation for the material point method (2012)
- Notz, Patrick K.; Pawlowski, Roger P.; Sutherland, James C.: Graph-based software design for managing complexity and enabling concurrency in multiphysics PDE software (2012)
- Steffen, Michael; Kirby, Robert M.; Berzins, Martin: Analysis and reduction of quadrature errors in the material point method (MPM) (2008)
- McInnes, Lois Curfman; Allan, Benjamin A.; Armstrong, Robert; Benson, Steven J.; Bernholdt, David E.; Dahlgren, Tamara L.; Diachin, Lori Freitag; Krishnan, Manojkumar; Kohl, James A.; Larson, J. Walter; Lefantzi, Sophia; Nieplocha, Jarek; Norris, Boyana; Parker, Steven G.; Ray, Jaideep; Zhou, Shujia: Parallel PDE-based simulations using the common component architecture (2006)
- Davison de St.Germain, J.; Morris, Alan; Parker, Steven G.; Malony, Allen D.; Shende, Sameer: Performance analysis integration in the Uintah software development cycle (2003)
- Allan, Benjamin A.; Armstrong, Robert C.; Wolfe, Alicia P.; Ray, Jaideep; Bernholdt, David E.; Kohl, James A.: The CCA core specification in a distributed memory SPMD framework (2002)
- Davison de St.Germain, J.; Morris, Alan; Parker, Steven G.; Malony, Allen D.; Shende, Sameer: Integrating performance analysis in the Uintah software development cycle (2002)
- Parker, S.G.: A component-based architecture for parallel multi-physics PDE simulation (2002)
- DeTar, Carleton; Fogelson, Aaron L.; Johnson, Christopher R.; Sikorski, Christopher A.: Computational engineering and science program at the university of Utah (2001)