CASTRO: A new compressible astrophysical solver. I. Hydrodynamics and self-gravity. We present a new code, CASTRO, that solves the multicomponent compressible hydrodynamic equations for astrophysical flows including self-gravity, nuclear reactions, and radiation. CASTRO uses an Eulerian grid and incorporates adaptive mesh refinement (AMR). Our approach to AMR uses a nested hierarchy of logically rectangular grids with simultaneous refinement in both space and time. The radiation component of CASTRO will be described in detail in the next paper, Part II, of this series.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Kidder, Lawrence E.; Field, Scott E.; Foucart, Francois; Schnetter, Erik; Teukolsky, Saul A.; Bohn, Andy; Deppe, Nils; Diener, Peter; Hébert, François; Lippuner, Jonas; Miller, Jonah; Ott, Christian D.; Scheel, Mark A.; Vincent, Trevor: SpECTRE: A task-based discontinuous Galerkin code for relativistic astrophysics (2017)
- Moiseev, N.Ya.: Modified method of splitting with respect to physical processes for solving radiation gas dynamics equations (2017)
- Berzins, Martin; Beckvermit, Jacqueline; Harman, Todd; Bezdjian, Andrew; Humphrey, Alan; Meng, Qingyu; Schmidt, John; Wight, Charles: Extending the Uintah framework through the petascale modeling of detonation in arrays of high explosive devices (2016)
- Zhang, Weiqun; Almgren, Ann; Day, Marcus; Nguyen, Tan; Shalf, John; Unat, Didem: BoxLib with tiling: an adaptive mesh refinement software framework (2016) ioport
- Popov, Mikhail V.; Elizarova, Tatiana G.: Smoothed MHD equations for numerical simulations of ideal quasi-neutral gas dynamic flows (2015)
- Joggerst, C.C.; Nelson, Anthony; Woodward, Paul; Lovekin, Catherine; Masser, Thomas; Fryer, Chris L.; Ramaprabhu, P.; Francois, Marianne; Rockefeller, Gabriel: Cross-code comparisons of mixing during the implosion of dense cylindrical and spherical shells (2014)
- Mignone, A.: High-order conservative reconstruction schemes for finite volume methods in cylindrical and spherical coordinates (2014)
- Lee, Dongwook: A solution accurate, efficient and stable unsplit staggered mesh scheme for three dimensional magnetohydrodynamics (2013)
- Jiang, R.-L.; Fang, C.; Chen, P.-F.: A new MHD code with adaptive mesh refinement and parallelization for astrophysics (2012)
- Popov, M.V.: Piecewise parabolic method on a local stencil in cylindrical coordinates for fluid dynamics simulations (2012)
- May, Sandra; Nonaka, Andrew; Almgren, Ann; Bell, John: An unsplit, higher-order Godunov method using quadratic reconstruction for advection in two dimensions (2011)
- Nonaka, A.; May, S.; Almgren, A.S.; Bell, J.B.: A three-dimensional, unsplit Godunov method for scalar conservation laws (2011)