UNAMALLA, An automatic package for numerical grid generation. Welcome to UNAMALLA website. Our main interest is the generation of structured smooth and convex grids over irregular regions. UNAMALLA is the result of the joint effort of four groups of professors from the Faculty of Sciences (UNAM), the Institute of Cybernetics and Physics of Cuba, the Faculty of Physical-Mathematical Sciences of the University of San Nicolás de Hidalgo Michoacán, and of the Autonomous University of Coahuila, each one devoted to the development of modules that carry out specific tasks. The grids generated by UNAMALLA have different geometric properties which can be combined according the problem where they will be used. In particular, we are interested in the numerical solution of partial differential equations on arbitrary -irregular- regions using mainly finite difference methods. The meshes are generated via a nonlinear large-scale optimization procedure, starting from an initial mesh which is often non convex, until a smooth and convex grid is obtained;using discrete functional defined on the mesh cells. The theoretical foundations of the grid generation processinvolves diverse subjects such as linear algebra, large scale optimization methods and computer geometry, among others, and promotes the interaction between researchers of different specialties, as well as gran and non grad students formation.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Lentini, Marianela; Paluszny, Marco: On grid generation with lemniscates of two and three foci (2013)
- Lentini, M.; Cardona, L.; Paluszny, M.: Grid generation using lemniscates with two foci (2013)
- Sánchez, P.Barrera; Cortés, J.J.; Domínguez-Mota, F.J.; Flores, G.González; Tinoco-Ruiz, J.G.: Smoothness and convex area functionals-revisited (2010)
- Barrera-Sánchez, Pablo; Castellanos Noda, Longina; Domínguez-Mota, Francisco J.; González Flores, Guilmer F.; Pérez Domínguez, Angel: Adaptive discrete harmonic grid generation (2009)
- Conti, Costanza; Morandi, Rossana; Spitaleri, Rosa Maria: An algebraic grid optimization algorithm using condition numbers (2006)
- Egidi, N.; Maponi, P.: A class of network optimization methods for planar grid generation (2005)
- Egidi, N.; Maponi, P.: An efficient version of the direct method for planar grid generation (2003)
Further publications can be found at: http://lya.fciencias.unam.mx/unamalla/article_i.html