Equator. A function calculator. Equator is a software package that generates numerical values for over 200 mathematical functions. By using the “variable ranging” facility, one can get the values of a function for a given range of a variable, defined by the lower and upper bounds and an increment. Equator has no plotting capability, but to graph the output of a ranged calculation, one can easily transfer the data to graphing software (e.g. Excel). An input variable can be constructed in a general form as x=wt p +k, with the default values w=1, p=1, k=0, corresponding to x=t. Most of the answers are provided with 15-digit precision. The software is able to detect when precision is likely to have been lost and it curtails the output, reporting only the significant digits. The basic formulas for the algorithms used by Equator are available in the book by the same authors [An atlas of functions. With Equator, the atlas function calculator. With CD-ROM. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Springer (2008; Zbl 1167.65001)].
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Choi, Junesang; Parmar, Rakesh Kumar: The incomplete Lauricella and fourth Appell functions (2015)
- Li, Yong-Min; Xia, Wei-Feng; Chu, Yu-Ming; Zhang, Xiao-Hui: Optimal lower and upper bounds for the geometric convex combination of the error function (2015)
- Xia, Weifeng; Chu, Yuming: Optimal inequalities for the convex combination of error function (2015)
- Srivastava, Rekha; Cho, Nak Eun: Some extended Pochhammer symbols and their applications involving generalized hypergeometric polynomials (2014)
- Goy, T.P.; Zatorsky, R.A.: New integral functions generated by rising factorial powers (2013)
- Srivastava, R.: Some properties of a family of incomplete hypergeometric functions (2013)
- Veillette, Mark S.; Taqqu, Murad S.: Properties and numerical evaluation of the Rosenblatt distribution (2013)
- Srivastava, Rekha; Cho, Nak Eun: Generating functions for a certain class of incomplete hypergeometric polynomials (2012)
- Oldham, Keith; Myland, Jan; Spanier, Jerome: Equator. A function calculator (2009)
- Oldham, Keith B.; Myland, Jan; Spanier, Jerome: An atlas of functions. With Equator, the atlas function calculator. With CD-ROM (2008)